Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Another day





I made this book last summer-cherries are such an early summer fruit-gotta love 'em. My ode not specifically to cherries but to early summer- long warm days, everything still green and not yet burnt from the sun, even us, stille xcited about summer and the heat has not yet wearied you...got to love it. A lot. (Especially us northeasterners in New Hampshire who suffer a long winter...too long...)
So someone in Katie's class was killed in a car accident last night (yes, I am going downhill here) but its sooo sad, and as a mom-it terrifies me. How can anyone take it...my heart goes out to the family and parents even though I didn't know this person, but to be a junior in high school and to not have your future...
Ok, lets try to be cherrier here (love my pun, dont you?). I tried to make the juicy page above look juicy, with drippies-what do you think? I am watching Anthony Bourdain, one of latest tv shows. I go through phases...and of course I have the travel bug-what a sickness. But you have to love it? I'm saying that a lot tonight, aren't I? Did lay out a bunch of mosaics tonight-haven't done clay mosaics for quite awhile...but I need to use up some tiles and Dave cut the rest of plywood for me-so glued down 4 pieces-and have a couple more to do...will take some photos once I finish them...but for now, enjoy the cherries.




No comments: