Saturday, October 3, 2009

Vacation Planning




Time to start planning probably our last family vacation before Katie leaves for college-thinking of going away over Feb. school vacation for a week of hopefully sunshine and more spring like weather than we'd have here in northern New England. Borrowed these photos from a website: http://www.molon.de/ since this is where I am thinking of us going-Portugal. I am thinking of doing something a bit different this time, renting a house out in the country but near Lisbon in the area called Sintra as the city is high on my list to do but having a place I can sit in the (hopefully) sun and relax sounds excellent also. Also, want some ocean, so I can walk the beach- something I love to do!! And its a bit exotic...which I want. You know, it will be tough knowing Katie will be off to college in the fall and me- the week after school break-I will be turning the BIG 50. Want a little adventure...something a bit exotic. If I had 2 weeks off I'd go to Hawaii or if I had more time I'd go to New Zealand or some place like that but I don't, so this seems like a very good choice to me. Have any of you been there? I know quite of few people that went and liked it there.
So today it RAINED, but that was good since I cleaned a bit and then worked on a big double posterr of old photos for my Mom's party tomorrow. Katie's off to her homecoming dance, and tomorrow we'll have to get off early...but should be fun. Let's hope we managed to keep it a surprise for just another 15 hours.

No comments: