Monday, December 21, 2009

The Solstice


Here's a card I made with Oxford Impression stamps for their holiday card contest. I won't win, I never do, but I really like how this card came out. I used Marie Antionette stamps for this and one stamp (the music one) from one of their holiday collections. What I really like is the bows making a border across the page and the super starry paper for the background. Its party Christmas Eve  at Versailles with the celebrating not wrapping up until the wee hours of Christmas day, hence the Christmas Morning piece of music and the cello/violin behind Marie. Anyhow, check out the site http://www.oxfordimpressions.com/.
So winter has begun, although its been wintery here in NH for a bit of time. Today its cold with blowing snow (and yes!! the seacoast has snow so I don't drive their to work and still see bare ground) and of course, its the shortest day of the year. But the good news is the days will be only getting longer and my house is warm and toasty and I'm in my comfy clothes- bad news, I have a head cold, not enough to be SICK-SICK but just a major inconvenience. But, 2 more days till I get a vacation until January 4th. Can't wait, nor can it really be Christmas week already. Maybe I'm dreaming that up. Stay warm and find brightness on this winter solstice.

No comments: