Thursday, February 3, 2011

Exciting News

GUESS WHAT?
Just found out I was the winner of the Artistic Outpost January Referral Program!! Its very exciting news for such a snowy day!!! Check out their website to see all their cool stamps, I want all of the new ones...not sure which I'll use my winning gift certificate on.
*****
So here's a recently made Valentine's card...I layered 7Gypsies paper on a white cardstock card and outlined the 7Gypsies paper with a Copic marker. Then I cut out a large heart from some printed paper and attached it to the card. I then outlined that heart with the same Copic marker. The woman's head is a B-Line Design stamp, cut out and colored with more Copics. I attached her. Then I stamped the 2 sentiments using Autumn Leave's Love sentiments set. I added a partial postmark stamp (Tin Can Mail)  in the upper left corner. I attached the felt flower from Making Memories, (which I decorated  with a polka dot paper flower and a Making Memories  brad in the center). Then I had some left over scraps from some hearts I die cut, and I trimmed the edges to get these heart outlines, which I colored with the same colored Copic I used on the big heart edging. Finally, I put a few Hero Arts black "dots" on 3 of the corners, and VOILA, my completed card.
Anyhow...suppose to be sunny today...but there's another 12+ inches of snow on the ground...I had a good snow day though...texturized a bunch of sheets of paper, made a few cards, made some cookies, took a 2 hour nap (and didn't get up until after 9)-talk about relaxing...and if I didn't have to shovel a coupe of times, it would have been perfect.
Hope you all stay warm and sunny!



No comments: