Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ice Out

Ice went out on Lake Winnipesaukee today-Tuesday, April 19th .(Did I spell that right? I don't think so. You'd think after living over 23 years within 15 minutes of the lake I'd know how to spell its name right.) Its almost a month later than last year-but probably closer to normal this year than last- its just that we had such a fantastic spring last year.
These photos were taken out on the lake last May 2cd, when we took our boat's shake down cruise. Wow, May 2cd is only a couple weeks away and we are so far behind this year...granted things can change a lot in 2 weeks, especially if we get some warm sunny weather...but everything right now is only begining to show some green...but some of the buds on the trees are getting bigger...
So tonight I've been working on my latest project...has to do with die cuts and hanging decorations, thought I might finish them...yes...its more than 1...but just wasn't going to happen . Reaches a point where you're just not getting to where you want to be...when its just starting to not look like anything that remotely makes you happy....and I'm tired...so its time to quit.
Anyhow, you're reading all this on Wednesday not Tuesday night when I wrote this.
So today I am going to my fav. craft store after work and then book club. I am excited about that since the store is over an hour away from home-about a half an hour away from work so it just makes sense with the cost of gas right now (like $3.73-$3.77) to go when I have time to kill down around work before an evening book club-rather than driving down all the way from home. Haven't been there in almost 2 months either.
That's exciting. Plus I'm looking forward to getting together with all the ladies in bookclub.
Hope you have something exciting in your day...big or small...or trivial...like mine...but then is anything really trivial? Woe- that's way too deep for my brain right now.
TTFN

No comments: