Saturday, April 30, 2011

Apirl is almost Over

So here's my entry to this week's Shabby Tea Room challenge- Butterflies.
A little different style for me...but I've been itching to make something with bright pink and orange...so I did.
I started by taking some star confetti left over, you know the strips with all the opening where the confetti gets punched out.  I found one I had laying around in the last few days of studio cleaning, and I used it to stencil on these little orange stars on white cardstock. Then I added a swirl die cut on grungeboard and then distessed with a bit of orange ink. Then I added a die cut flower...rubebr with white Viva metallic paint and a bit of orange Stickles glitter in the middle. I then made the butterflies. I stamped 3 in bright pink ink using Hero Arts heart butterfly. I colored the open hearts with orange Copic and also with an orange gel pen. Then I outlined the butterflies inside and out with black Sharpie. I cut them out and attached them on the card and then added new antennae. Finally I stamped the sentiment which is from CHF. 

*****
So today was the official open up the screen porch day- take down the plastic (you can see it's still up in the photo below). All the yard furniture was taken out and then I cleaned it up...so its ready now-hurray!
Love that it is spring...such an exciting time of year...today my daffodils and hyacinths came into bloom and so is my weeping cherry...but the black flies are out...errrr... nasty littler buggers they are but welcome to the north woods in spring.
So I've also been cleaning up the studio...going through things and filling up my new storage boxes I got at the Container Store the other day. Finding all kinds of supplies I forgot I had or didn't know where they were...now I can use them. And yesterday...I went big time craft shopping...I was VERY VERY NAUGHTY. I went to the Creating Keepsakes Convention down in Manchester...didn't take any classes but did hit the vendors for 2 hours...was a blast...got some Technique Tuesday stamps-they were the big reason I went as they were a sponser and I wanted some stamps and they're shipping is kind of pricey...but I also found a Spellbinders booth selling sets-buy 3 get 1 free and that bought the price down to just under $15 a set which is a really GOOD price so I bought too many sets. Anyhow, I had a BLAST.I haven't been in maybe 5 or 6 years so it was a nice little change of pace. I will say though, it was an big spending week between the Container Store and then at the Convention yesterday...now its time to be frugal for awhile. Think I can handle that though.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: