Friday, April 8, 2011

Non-traditional spring colors

Hey everybody-Its Friday!!!!!!
So here's a springy card I made that's not your traditional spring card- not the pattern, not the colors...made it for my baby girl who's in college...
The paper of the card is from Martha Stewart.  I then used one of the newer Sizzix dies to punch the circle on wood grain paper, which is also from Martha Stewart. The blue is a giant punched circle on some paper I had around in the stash. I used a saying from My Sentiments Exactly. The lady bigs I believe are from a Hero Arts set and I stamped them in a ring around the edge of the blue circle and then colored them with Copics. I then used some coordinating Martha Stewart paper that had bigger images on it and just cut out a woodland gnome from that and attached him. Finally, some red pepper dimensional pearls. Easy, simple...oh yes, I did put down some 7Gypsies paper tape-been in a paper tape usage place lately. LOVE IT!
Now the inside of this card is kind of special...though not perfected yet. I bought this pop-up tree die from the Sizzix Oultet and its my first attempt at making a pop-up center. I punched the tree in white heavy paper and colored it. The leaves are punched in green and then decorated with a Hero Arts stamp which I stamped multiple times and colored. The little tree fairy is also from Hero Arts and then I punched to flowers and cut out this sparklely mushroom from the same piece of paper I cut out the forest gnome for the front of the card.
I don't know if the inside matches the outside as much as I'd hoped...but I'm really ready to try new things like doing pop-up cards.
So that's my art to share today.
Happy FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

No comments: