Thursday, October 20, 2011

2 spooky cards

I think this one of my favorite Halloween cards that I made this fall. Pretty simple too, though this photo really doesn't do it that much justice.
I distressed some grey cardstock and the ripped up some great Martha Stewart spider web tape which I randomly attached. Then I added a strip of spider tape-also by Martha Stewart. Using the Sizzix I diecut the opening in the card and then traced the opening on white paper and cut out the white paper just a tad bit larger than the opening. I will attached that to the inside of the card shortly. I stamped the inchie images (Inkadinkado) on acetate and colored them-don't forget, color the unstamped side. Then I glued them down on  white background paper and attached that from the inside of the card so there was a small over lap-basically, I didn't want any openings between the front and the inside of the card.
Here's another card I made that I like a lot...always trying to use up things I have or try new things. This time I distressed some orange cardstock and attached part of a piece of cut out Prima felt that I had laying around. I used orange Stickles to color in the center image and then glued down 2 little plastic spiders and a white plastic skull. Then I stamped the word Spooky (Tweety Jill). Simple, but not a bad card I think.
So it is Thursday...I am getting caught up and the stress is slowly going away-YAHOO. Hate that brain dead feeling. Dave was away last night and though I love my hubby and want him home, I enjoyed a night to myself...just what the doctor ordered for my mental sanity. Maybe today I will take a trip down to my crafts store after school, or maybe not. That's always a good stress buster good for my sanity trip too, though I shouldn't spend any more cash on craft supplies right now...I just don't really need anything. But then again...how much of my stash do I really need anyhow and how much is there because it makes me so happy and fills my time (when I have it) and breaks the stress of a long day at school...as of late?
Anyhow, thanks for stopping by.
Tomorrow we're back to the 10 things right now list-already!

No comments: