Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Repeat Performance

Cape Cod light house.
bird prints
Watching seals and gannets.
Cute little sandpiper.
More Cape Cod photos. Although they don't look like summer, they look more summery than my backyard does right now. I have a lot of leaves lying on the ground and the trees are pretty yellow, or getting bare.
And the heat seems to have vanished and now we have normal temperatures.
Like that much better.
So I am in for a couple of nights without Dave around, he has meetings late. I get to play in my studio later into the evening...like that! -Though I should do MORE school work, am feeling inundated. I don't think it'll happen, I need some recharge time.
And now for another Halloween card!
Wanted a spooky foggy night kind of feel with this card.  The tree is a Tim Holtz Sizzix die cut which I have painted, stained, rubbed Viva metallic paint over, stamped the word BOO onto it...you name it, I probably did it to the tree. I ahdn drew in the ground, used a Martha Stewart punch/stamp combo for the tombstones, stamped the witch with an Inkadinkado stamp and then used an embossing folder and cut out the letters for the words fright (TIm Holtz/Sizzix). Then I used white stain a few times over the whole card trying to create a foggy feel. Foggy nights are a bit spooky I think. Have you ever seen that movie The Fog? The original one from the late 1970's.  I heard the remake was a BOMB. Anyhow, not so sure about the witch-it might have been spookier without her, but she is there and so she stays.
That's my post for today. Probably tomorrow I'll once again be original and show you a few more Cape Cod photos from last Sunday.
Or maybe not?




No comments: