Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Discovery

After a terrible horrible unspeakable hockey fiasco that we had tickets for, we went back to my sister-in-law's house to find her 20-something daughter, the daughter's boyfriend and the daughter's friend drinking chocolate martini's.
Now I have had one of those old fashioned martini's years ago-you know the kind in the 50's movies with the olives floating in them, the dirty martini, the ones no one seemed to drink when I was in my 20's. Truthfully, those old fashioned martini's didn't do much for me and I am more of a beer and wine drinker than a mixed drink drinker- except for the occasional margarita.
And then my first new discovery of the new year-
one of these
My niece's boyfriend Pat made me one these to wash away the hockey game embarrassments.
http://confessionsofapickyeater.com/2011/10/godiva-chocolate-martini/

Oh my. Pure heaven. Delicious.
I had them add a little Frangelico hazelnut liqueur to mine, oh baby!!
I don't even own any chocolate liquer or even martini glasses for that matter,
but this week, it will be what I am working on.
So next weekend,
when I am home trying not to check the really bad scores of the hockey game
or maybe when I don't check the scores at all
I will be enjoying another one of these.
Even saw photos where they put whipped cream on them.
Now that it something I might consider also.
Here's the recipe for them I found on-line.
Godiva Chocolate Martini
adapted from drinksmixer.com and from Confessions of a Picky Eater Blog

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Makes 1 martini
1 1/2 shots Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
1 1/2 shots creme de cacao
1/2 shot vodka
2 1/2 shots half and half (or milk)
chocolate syrup

1. Place martini glass in the freezer while you make the drink.
2. Combine chocolate liqueur, creme de cacao, vodka, and half and half in a drink mixer with ice.  Shake well.
3. Remove martini glass from freezer and swirl chocolate syrup around the inside of the glass.  Pour drink into the glass and enjoy.


Do you have any martini recipes that are yummy?
Since this is all new to me.
Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: