Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Fun Food

I couldn't resist showing you these 2 cards with a loving and food theme.
More fun cards for the 21 year old at college.
I used this light pink card stock and some plaid orange paper that I embossed and then colored with an orange ink pad for this cheery donut card..
Donuts and saying are all from Hero Arts.
I used some bright Viva paint pens and also some Ranger Dimensional Pearls to make the decorations on top of the donuts pop a bit.

My other card uses a stamp set from Unity Stamps.  At least the pizza and the saying are from them. The bottom heart border is from Technique Tuesday and the top little hearts are from Memory Box-this ancient Valentine's clear set I have which is such a super set.
Ha-ha-both of these cards use these fun puns and put a smile on my face.
I'm sure the 21 year old smiled too.
They don't have to be fancy- I am sure 21 year olds don't care for all the frills-which I don't really do either to tell you the truth.
So yesterday I nursed my head cold at home, which meant doing some me things to make me feel really good about me. Feeling good about yourself is one way to get your spirits up which in my mind gets your immune system up and helps you knock the old virus villains in the snoozle.
Which I believe it did. Mostly- still dragging this morning but just tired, not sick feeling too.
I did a few small not too energy sucking chores about the house and I played in the studio and read more of Gone Girl and I watched more of Downton Abbey- I have made it into Season 3 now.
Everyone needs a day like this.
And today it is back to the work world of teenagers and biology and co-workers and commuting, but I am ready and prepared. Even with the tiny bit of light snow we got...but wait till Friday. Sounds like we have a lot of snow coming in the afternoon.
That means an icky commute home.
GRRRR.
Anyhow-
It is also Wednesday, already.
How did that happen?




No comments: