Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Mackintosh Styling

Chocolate Baroque has  2 beautiful set of stamps based on Scottish artist and designer Charles Rennie Mackintosh.
Here's a couple of cards I created using them.

I had never heard of him, so when I got these 2 stamp sets I needed to do a bit of discovery.
Here's a few things I learned.
Macintosh was part of the Scottish/Glasgow design school and a
very cool Arts and Crafts/Art Nouveau movement designer.
He was born in 1868 and lived until 1928, so that put his work right in the time period before and as Art Deco came in.
He designed art pieces, furniture and buildings.
Here's some of his art creations.

I wish Chocolate Baroque made an alphabet stamp set like this.
LOVE this font.

These are his roses as you see in the cards at the top of this post..  Love them too.


He also designed this style chair which I guess is quite famous. I saw a lot of clones of this on-line, chairs with very tall backs.


And a couple of his architectural designs.
Even though I hardly know anything about this man, you can tell they are him, aren't they?


I don't know much about these buildings except I believe they are both in Glasgow, Scotland.
If you anything more about Mr. Macintosh I'd love to hear more.  I know so little about this time period, and learning about people (especially creative people) is always really interesting.
At least now when I stamp some images I can do them some justice.
Stop by again soon.



No comments: