Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Cool Colors

Hi everyone. Moo Mania's latest challenge is cold and frosty colors, and other than that pink dress I think this page works. 
As you can see it is next week's calendar page in my calendar journal, but I guess it isn't so bad to be looking ahead. 
I began by painting my page with 2 shades of blue paint. Once dry, I used some blue and white napkin scraps to add a bit of detail. Notice I left the geometric shapes on the edge? I liked the black and white border and they also help this page work for Art Journal Journey and Alison's Geometric Shapes challenge. 
The quote is all about time, and so I liked this lady waving goodbye to old habits. She is a stamped B Line Design image.
I finished off the page with some postage stamps my my stamp stash, a few postmark rubber stamped images as well as a few other bits out of my "scrap pile".
Not much else new here. Just keeping my eye on the weather and the potential for a big snowstorm coming this weekend. Before that I am wrapping up the semester at school. Finals begin this Friday.
Hope all your week is going well.
And thanks for visiting.

15 comments:

craftytrog said...

Another fantastic calendar page Erika! I love those vintage postage stamps. Thanks for linking it to my theme at AJJ.
Alison xox

CJ Kennedy said...

I lke you cool colors page with a pop of color. Sounds like you might get slammed with snow. We might end up with an ice storm. Hopefully, we won’t lose electricity so we can watch the Pats. Enjoy your day

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, love that pink dress, and the addition of the stamps. Have a great day, keep warm. hugs, Valerie

Jeanie said...

Love, love, love that quote in your piece,which I also like very much! (great stamps!) And the pink girl is perfect with your cool colors!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This looks lovely.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the pink lady, showing some spunk against the cold background waving her handkerchief at the old habits. She has energy!

sheila 77 said...

Lots of jolly things happening here, Erika. Amusing that the lady is waving goodbye to her old habits. Nice idea to have the stamps wandering down the middle and the little white bird flying off.
Hope you are warm and cosy indoors if the snow comes and then you can enjoy it.

Meggymay said...

A fabulous dairy page Erika, the blues are lovely and you have so many lovely additions. The lady looks very elegant and I realy like the quote about time that you added.
I hope the snow won't be to heavy a fall, we are expecting snow here as well sometime soon.
Yvonne xx

Mia said...

Gorgeous page, Erika. Really inspiring! Hugs, my friend.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...









Running behind today. Been watching the weather and how bone chilling cold it will be when that OTHER team plays the Chiefs (GRIN).

Seriously, I love this journal page. It's a beauty and I especially like the stamps you added and the woman who really popped against the blue background. So glad you shared it with us at Art Journal Journey, too.

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous page, love the cool colour background with that lady (super stamp) adding a spot of warmth. Love the addition of the postage stamps too!
Stay cosy and hope the storm won't be too bad...

Rike said...

Oh, so many details to look on your fabulous page! I like your white racing pigeon and the pink lady on this dark green background - a beautiful contrast! And these stamps are fitting perfectly!
Wish you a happy day! Hugs-Rike

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Great page, Erika. I love all the details. You have some cool stamp in your stash - both postage and the art kind. Looking ahead is better than looking back with regrets ;-) Hugs, Eileen

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your calender page is beautiful! I love the papers that you used and the pop of pink from your pretty lady - fabulous 😁. Enjoy the rest of your week and have a Happy Friday! J 😊 x

froebelsternchen said...

I love this wonderful page and this quote is fantastic!
And wow - not just for AJJ but also for Moo Mania & More!

Thank you very much!

Susi