Sunday, July 25, 2021

What Grows in the Summer Countryside

 Hi everyone. I hope you had a nice weekend. Mine has been busy as my daughter came home again, and we had a fun family day at the lake.  Before the rain returned that is. 


My page today is for Alison's summer countryside challenge at Art Journal Journey.

Some of these burlap pages in my Dina Wakely journal (that I use as my garden journal) are harder to layout, mainly because certain media leaks through and the cloth doesn't have the stiffness of paper, but I still love the texture they give to the background. This time I stuck some wax paper behind this page and smeared on some blue acrylic paint to work with this scrap of paper  that was on my desk. 

I loved the blue (like the sky) and the touch of green (like the plants) on this paper, so I went for a collage page. I also love this quote (thanks Alison for including it in a set), and those 2 things are what directed me to make my page.

I used a few TH images for a couple of assorted packages, and then I also added some sequins to the paper. Life needs a little sparkle, and gardens certain add sparkle to the my day. Perhaps yours too? 

Finally I added the clock button.  It could stand for so many things about time, like the vintage images, about children growing up, about the season passing so quickly.  The good thing about pages is you can interpret them in your own way.

Hope you have a great start to the new week. 









12 comments:

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page Erika, that's a wonderful quote.
Glad you had a good time at the lake with your daughter.
Happy new week.
Alison

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous journal page, burlap always gives a great texture. Glad you had some family time together, that must be great! Hope the rain soon goes away! Have a great, new week! Hugs, Valerie

sheila 77 said...

This is an intriguing collage, Erika, and it can certainly be interpreted in many ways. I like the quote about the garden, oh yes - that's right.
And it could also be interpreted in other ways.
Have a great day and week ahead.

Iris Flavia said...

Very cool ideas again! Oh, I´m so not creative, it´s sad - but I enjoy seeing yours!
Wish my Nieces would come over for once, too. They do as well, but my Brother has "no time" for that. And I have no car. Bleh. Glad it´s different in your place!

R's Rue said...

So beautiful. I’m glad you had fun with your daughter before the rain started. Have a great day my friend.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love the texture you got from this journal page, Erika. Clever to use te wax paper to eliminate the bleed. Good thinking. I like that quote, too. I find it's a true statement, too. Those little dolls add to the overall feel of the story. Thank you for another great entry using Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Divers and Sundry said...

That quote is new to me. Thought-provoking. Thanks!

CJ Kennedy said...

Pretty page. The burlap reminds me of a screen. Like looking at the garden and butterflies from the comfort of a screened porch or sun room.

Words and Pictures said...

A lovely collage on the textured burlap - there's a gentleness and serenity here which I'd love to embrace in the countryside right now - but there's just too much on the to-do list!
Alison x

Jeanie said...

This is a charming piece, Erika. I'm sorry your rains are back. We had a doozie the other day -- bet it's going your direction. If it is, know that nice weather follows!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Glad you got your outing in before it rained again!
I love your journal page - the colour on the burlap looks so good!Great for Alison's theme, hugs, Chrisx

Meggymay said...

I love how used used the burlap as a base for this beautiful page Erika. It sounds like you all enjoyed the days when your daughter was over to stay.
Yvonne xx