Hi everyone. It is ALREADY another Friday. I seriously don't know where time is going to. Today I have an art post, and I will be linking up to a few challenges.
First off since it's Friday, it's time for Nicole's Friday Face Off. That also means it's time for Gillena's Friday Lunch Break.
For my face today I have one more UNFINISHED cloth journal page. Just like the other ones, the background is a cut up old pillow case, and I will be backing it up on some other fabric one of these days.
I printed the face on fabric using a paper image I liked. I die cut two small circles out some scraps fabric. I also die cut the fall flower out of some yellow fabric. The trick with die cutting cloth imagines and then sewing them on a machine is that you want images that have simple edges. Because die cuts tend to be small, you can't have anything too complex at the edge because you have to be able to manage your machine around the entire outer image.
Since my page today is made of cloth, I'll be linking a up to Halle's Fabrics, Lace and Trims, Oh My challenge over at Art Journal Journey.
I also have one more tag to share over at Tag Along (and ATCs too). This month Brenda is hosting, and her theme is Favorite Colors or anything goes.
When I made my last tag I also made a second tag using the same seashell background. Instead of my favorite blues with my favorite shade of green, this time I substituted a favorite shade of pink for the blues. It's fun to see how changing up the color combos gives art a totally different feel.
I stamped the shell background (Impression Obession) and then used pink, light brown and green ink pads to color the background. I used some markers to color in the shells and also a white pen on the little clam shells. I edge the tag with a pink Posca paint pen. Then I added 2 peel and stick silver starfish stickers. Because these stickers just gave an outline, I filled them with some coppery colored glitter glue. I also added a little clear water drop crafty "gemstone" on each starfish. I finished by stamping my quote (Rosie's Roadshow) three times and then trimming them down and adding them to my tag.
Wishing everyone a great Friday and start to your weekend.
13 comments:
Your cloth journal page is cute with the Japanese lady on it.
Happy Friday!
Lisca
What did you do with the cloth journal pages? I like the tag!
...I also like the Japanese lady. Make today special.
I read quite a bit about Geishas and have some Japanese items my Dad brought from his journey here. And some pics, too! I like your art of it - have a happy Friday!
Nice fabric art, luv your tag
Happy Friday
Thanks for linking to AFFF
Much love
Lovely interplay of golds and yellows in your cloth journal page WIP!
I love this!
Beautiful fabric art and tag-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
Wow! Erika that first piece is stunning. Of course I love anything Oriental but this is truly a work of art. The second piece really touched me too. The colors are fabulous. It feels like you had a fun time creating these. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have the best weekend.
Lovely and unique creations using fabric ~ Wow!
Huga ^_^'
an artist reflects
Another beautiful fabric journal page, Erika. Will you eventually put all the fabric pages together as a book? I have no idea how to do that, but I'm pretty sure you have an idea. I like the tag as well and I agree that changing a color can make such a difference. Have a lovely weekend, hugs - Carola
It's fun to play with color, whether with cloth or paper (or paint or....). You've created a fun tag and a lovely cloth journal page. I particularly like the semi-circles with that image, with the yellow color and curves matching the curve and color of her headpiece.
Another very cool piece for your fabric journal. I'm excited to see it all put together!
Post a Comment