Sunday, September 2, 2012

Long Weekend

This was one pretty sunset Friday night. We had gone fishing in Massachusetts and were off Plum Island when I snapped this photo. I took lots of other photos but they are still on my camera and not on the computer yet.

Here's another couple of pages from my summer scrap journal.

The little fishy man is on the bottom left of the ocean view photo page, as seen above.

Nope, not yesterday. Neither Dave nor I caught a single fish. But Bob, our brother-in-law, caught 3 little fish, 2 stripers and a bluefish. But they were definitely not keepers.
Ignore the shadows of the rings in this binder.
I love the Fred Mullett fish stamps that I used on the background.
I also used the measuring tape paper tape because when you go fishing, size does matter.
This striped bass was not a keeper. Too small.
These was back in July.
So was this one.

Here's Bob. One time he and his wife Laurie went with us he caught the only striped bass.
Back in July.
This fish was also not a keeper.
So I hope everyone is having an A+ weekend.
It is flying by, as usual.
I did get some studio time yesterday, am working very hard to finish the altered book I started at my class last Saturday with Julie Fei-Fan Balzar. I also hung some pictures and went up to my mother-in-law's place on the lake. I could have worked a lot longer in the studio, but this summery kind of weather isn't going to last for all that many more weeks at this point of the year so you got to get out and enjoy it while you still can.
So get out and enjoy your summery weather if you can.


1 comment:

Denise Mulligan said...

Hi Erika,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your fishing journals. A great way to keep memories.

I post a lot to Julie's link parties. She's great. How are you liking her class? I need to get back to some serious painting soon.

I feel like you do that when the weather is nice we have to get out because the dreary grey days will be around soon enough.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend.