Thursday, December 20, 2012

Gloomy?


Man, has it been gloomy this week. More clouds, rain, and the darkness. All our Monday snow has melted, and we're into rain. Rain. Rain, rain. Isn't it December and NOT April?
So I guess I need some cheery holiday art to make up for that.
A few more views of some pages in my holiday journal.
These go back to the first of the month when we went to get our tree. Gloomy that day too, but we had light snow which made it feel so much more appropriate to the holiday.
Katie's boyfriend Brian took this photo of us. Nice to get a good family photo for a switch. Usually we don't get one since I am taking the photos.
I really like how these flying reindeer came out. I stamped words on the page and then die cut the reindeer (Sizzix).
I also used washi tape, bits of left over lace, Technique Tuesday stamps.
I  got these Technique Tuesday tags with the days of the weeks on them as  a freebie with my last Studio AE stamps. I used one here, along with a tag I covered in tree paper (Martha Stewart) and an October Afternoon sticker.
It was a fun day decorating the house and putting up the tree as the snow fell outside.
I love deer die cuts.
I don't know why, but I have been favoring them lately.

So it is Thursday-
almost Friday-
almost the holiday-
almost my vacation.
Time has flown- which surprises me in a way since I thought the 4 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas would drag.
No way.
Not for me.
It will be Christmas before I can blink my eyes.
Have a great day and
I appreciate your stopping by.






1 comment:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I love the idea of a holiday journal! So cool! Gorgeous pages, and fab fun weather!!!