Monday, December 3, 2012

Holiday Journal Cover

Good Monday morning. It is a another work week ahead...eeks...really want a day off with no one home but am feeling refreshed after my busy weekend. Thanks again for letting me unload...it is amazing how much that helps. Sometimes when my most favorite college girl comes homes-and she can be a bit bossy and unhelpful...it gets a little stressful. Not that I don't love her being home...

That's enough about that. Time for some art...
So here is my holiday journal.
 I love the December daily idea that so many people do, but I don't want to do a journal each day...when I am already super busy. But I love the idea of a holiday journal that is finished right after New Years. So I found this old discarded book at my school library, and I thinned it down by removing pages (it is over 1000 pages in size it took quite a bit of thinning!)  I am doing some highlights and things I want to remember from Thanksgiving until New Years Day.

Then I gessoed the cover and then gave it a wispy coat of silver paint. I stenciled the words in black (Red Lead-cool Christmas saying stencils I found at my favorite craft store). 

I stenciled some white snowflakes over the whole journal using a Crafter's Workshop stencil. I added a couple of die cuts (circle-Sizzix and dark blue shape by Cheery Lynn Designs). The lace was glued down with some matte medium. The star was die cut also (Sizzix). The gold glitter snowman and kids is from a set I bought on markdown last year at Michaels (K&Company).  Finally I stamped some words (October Afternoon), added a Basic Grey button and a word from October Afternoon.
Oh yes, I found this can of spray glitter at my favorite craft store and I used this to give my cover a little sparkle. I can't remember what it is called, but it is in a blue can and I love it. I bought sparkle but they also had silver and gold. 
That's all I have for today. 
Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: