Tuesday, March 19, 2013

More of my Taos travel journal

This page is kind of a flair page. The large clay pot, is a stamp I have (won it in a big pile off of eBay and glad I decided to keep it). Can't remember the maker. And the brown strip  is an embossed image from Provo Craft that I made on brown card stock and then colored/ distressed a bit.
This spread contains a post card from a place we visited (right) and then some journaling on the left. I used a 7Gypsies paper that I had punched to put into the book and added this epoxy sticker of the compass.
This spread is made with a 7Gypsies tag on the left- I stamped the images on it (same eBay stash-and another glad I didn't get rid of these too) and then I added a small sticker. The right side is a map I cut out of one of those free brochures. Great for getting your bearings later on when you look back.
On the right side I used this bingo card I had. The cool colorful fabric strips were samples from a fabric store we visited. I thought they gave some great local color. On the left you can see a tag I made with a tea bag wrapper- since I drank a lot of tea there.
Another journaling page- another 7Gypsies page. And on the right is this cool artistic postcard of the Rio Grande gorge. Underneath are some postcards from the inside of the church I showed you yesterday-St. Francis de Asis.
My final page for today is this memory/art spread I did. On the left is some more cut outs. We visited the Taos Inn for dinner and music and then on the right I put in a few images (cut outs and stamped images) from our day in Santa Fe. One cool thing about Santa Fe is there are all this Native American jewelry sellers.
The Santa Fe label is a sticker and the Kachina doll is another stamp from that same eBay stash. 

Hope you enjoyed these little views.
We're back into the BIG snow today...
 another snow day (second this month already!)
I can't tell you how depressing that is.
Come on Mother Nature-
it is the middle of March-almost spring.
I don't like late winters....because by this time of year you are
just WANTING spring and better weather.
Don't you think so too?
Thanks for stopping by!




No comments: