Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Art Journaling and a Card

Here's some art today. I've been into butterflies a lot lately....my journal is full of pages with them.
This page started with the left over stencil from when I die cut one of these butterflies (Sizzix) for another journal project. See this post for those butterflies. 

Anyhow, I traced the inside of the die cut remaining stencil and then painted those butterflies pink or orange. Then I took a Crafter's Workshop Roman writing stencil and some bright blue paint and rubbed the paint over the stencil. Then I used one of Dina Wakely's new silhouette stencils and black paint. 
I am not that much into faces and people in my art, but I do like how these silhouettes look.
Then I free hand cut out the letters for the word fly, sprayed them pink with some Dylusion's spray ink and then did a bit of doodling with a black Sharpie. 
Finally I stamped the words (Stamper's Anonymous-Studio 490) a few times around the page.

I also needed to make a card for a co-worker's birthday.
I didn't have a lot of time so used a bunch of die cut scraps and some blue paper tape (Anna Griffen) to make the background.
Then I stamped the bright pink image (Unity Stamps).  I outlined the black glasses with a Jelly Roll pen and then a sparkle black pen, though they only vaguely looked shiny here. Then I used some Glossy Accent to fill in the lenses. But it still needed a bit of a pop, so I added the yellow wigglely eyes.
Think they give the card  a fun
HA-HA!
Inside it says the usual happy birthday, but what lady who is in her youthful 50's doesn't want to be told they are looking good?
Or any age for that matter.
Hump day- busy week ahead still for me.
Tomorrow night we go to Lowell, Massachusetts for game 1 of the hockey quarter finals. Back again on Friday, and maybe Sunday since it is a best 2 out of 3 series.
Will be dragging at the end of the week-especially work on Friday-luckily it is a teacher work day, but since we had such a tough start to the season it is good to be at this point.
Thanks for visiting.




No comments: