Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day

It's MAY First! WOW! This is an exciting month as the weather gets more summer like and the yard and gardens get greener and full of blooms. I love May...and hope for a few weekday rainy days here and there to keep the kids at school more focused...as we start tomorrow (wow-vacation flew) the final countday until summer vacation.
Can you believe it?
So here's some scrap pages I've recently made in the past couple of weeks. Back to California-in particular the very northern coast at Crescent City and Redwood National Park. Above is a sign we saw just before we saw a bunch of wild elk. I used a Basic Grey large leafy stciker and die cut the deer and I also die cut the slide mount which I stamped and colored and added a die cut center from another die cut.
Here's the lighthouse just north of the town wharf, I believe it is called Battery Point. To make this I used some 7Gypsies Morroco paper, some Tim Holtz and 7Gypsies tape, some die cut stars (colored) and a die cut tag, plus some stickers (Hot off the Press). The lighthouse just was the outlin and I colored in the top and though you can't see it, I stamped some speckley brown mini dots on the body. I actually put the sticker down on white paper and then cut the whole thing out once I'd colored it.
 Here's those elk the sign told us to watch out for. Not sure I like this page a lot...the paper kind of looks like napkins, but I made the slide mounts and filled in the cneters and I die cut the bird and colored it. The saying is from Postmodern Stamp.
A foggy coast view from up high...I used 7Gypsies tape, lots of Dimensional Pearl dots, a 7Gypsie's tag, ditcut bird and Hot Off the Press word at the top/title and the big scallops shell which I colored in and used some more Dimensional Pearls on.
And here's a sign we don't see here in New Hampshire, even at the coast. I used some wave paper to represent the water, added some 7Gypsies gaffer tape, stamped the word escape in blue and then outlined it in black, stamped the little car (Fontworks) on the bottom corner and added a stamped tag (Autumn Leaves) and the ship's wheel. I also distressed the background.
So its a pretty blue skied Sunday here, the air is cool but the sun is so warm...bit too chilly in the screen porch but that's ok. I made tons of cards...used my Kim Hughes stamps by CHF...was having so much fun-will show you some this week once I load them on. Sometimes its just fun to make light silly cards...later I'm going to make some dried cherry bars- a switch from my date nut bars- and should go back to work on organizing my studio but don't think that's on today's docket...maybe a nap...it is Sunday the day before I need to go back to work after a week's vacation...was a GREAT week off, felt like I did some fun things and did a few chores and relaxed...can't wait for summer so i can do this for a few weeks instead of just one. More tomorrow.
Thanks for visiting.

No comments: