Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Feels Like Summer

Wait IT IS SUMMER!
Sizzling Sixteen (Stephanie Plum)
So it was a gorgeous day yesterday...and I thought I had the house to myself until like 11 p.m.when Dave finally got home from a meeting and Katie home from Target/work. So I stopped at Target and got this paperback after school because this series is fun but light and silly and an easy brainless read and makes me smile. Then I bought a pint of coffee heath-bar crunch Ben and Jerries ice cream for my supper and figured I'd sit out on my screen porch in sheer heaven and eat my ice cream and read.
But guess what? Dave didn't have to go to his meeting and he came home and I'd already eaten 1/2 the ice cream...which was enough...and I did read a bunch but still...not disappointed to have him home but was disappointed not to get a evening all to myself in the house.
Go figure, huh?
So today the kids are DONE at 11:22 a.m.!!
Hurray...that gets me so much closer to my summer...and since its gonna rain the rest of the week after today...that's ok when you have to be inside at meetings and more meetings and I don't like meetings...
But anyhow, today is the first full day of summer-
Happy Summer!

No comments: