Friday, June 17, 2011

One more week

It's Friday...one more week until vacation after this. Works been crazy...crazy kids, expected...manipulating awful adults...who needs them? And they're coming out of the woodwork...I can't wait until summer!
I have so much to do around here once summer gets here too. My studio cleaning and organizing needs to be finished...there are piles to clean up...gardens that need more tending...decluttering...I need to cut the end of the year work strangle cord and I need to get into summer mode.
So to celebrate summer's close arrival...(Kids are done on Wednesday...so its the getting ready for exams mode) here's a fun but simple card. I started with green cardstock, which I stamped with 2 background stamps by CHF in the similar green...just to give the cardstock a bit of texture. First with a graph paper stamp, and then with some tiny leaves. I added the 7Gyspies tape. Then I stamped the butterfly 3 times (one of my first stamps...a very old one from Impression Obsession) with this stamp I love.  I colored the butterflies and then attached. I gave them 3 little Viva texture dots and then I used Viva clear glass affects to make the trails, I love how they look like dew. Then the stamp with the word....
So today is suppose to be a bit cooler and rain this afternoon, a few of us are getting together to say goodbye to a co-worker leaving for DC this summer. My weekend...hmmm...maybe boating...maybe cleaning...maybe yardwork...I just don't know. But first, today awaits. I hope the sharks at work stay far out to sea.

No comments: