Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June!!!!

Here's some new scrapbook pages to start this new month off on the right foot. These are ALSO from my California Journal-summer 2009.
This page uses some Hot Off the Press stickers, 2 7Gypsies tags and gaffer tape, plus some assorted paper. I colored in the stickers to give them more of a finished affect.
For this page I stamped a punch of Tim Holtz swirls in brown, aded some paper, a die cut tag and swirls and then stamped the bird (7Gypsies) in blue and cut it out.
This is fun wavey blue water paper. I added some die cut starfish and shells, some Hot Off the Press stickers, some other stickers, stamped the caught on film saying and there you go.
For this page I went fancy...I texturized some greenish paper with dots. Added the photo, then added some die cut flowers, twigs and dragonflies. I also added a die cut swirl. I used a green marker and a black fine line Sharpie to doodle a bunch of rambling words, and then I added some string which I held in place with some Viva pearl dots. I like the result, even if its not usual style.
So its June...we're in countdown mode until the 24th, my last day before vacation. But there's so much else going on this month, father's day, hopefully some boating, nice weather, gardening, LOVE it.
This Saturday is the big fabric, yarn sale at a local quilting store that I love to go to. It's also a stamp show down in Massachusetts...have never been to that and would love to go but its a big trip down there- all the way to Springfield...about 3 1/2 hours away...and to go by myself, it's a lot of driving without someone to chat with. Will just to the quilting/yarn sale. Maybe I won't buy much either...maybe.
Anyhow- thanks for stopping by- I'm going to check out what the new Paper Smooches stamps are before I leave for work. I'm off to Boston to the Aquarium (love that place) with my honors kids today-a great day for a field trip with great kids.

No comments: