Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A New Attitude

I'll be honest, my attitude about work stinks lately. I just want to be off for the summer-badly. More than usual actually. Not that I don't love being off for the summer- always have, but this year...I just am sick of work and my co-workers and want to be away. I want it to be summer and I want to be home and getting some brain readjustment.
But now I am going to take a new attitude. Even though my house is a disaster and my studio is a mess and seems like there are things I need to do everywhere I turn around this place...well, I'm almost there! I really am...it's almost summer vacation. Take a BIG breath and slow it all down.
YAHOO!
And today is the first day of summer!
My card today is a cheery summer card. I started with green sanded cardstock which I stamped with the word cherry from CHF. Then I took some distressed looking green gingham paper and stamped this bowl of cherries (Hero Arts). I colored the cherries, but then stamped this again on white paper and colored and cut out the bowl, then attached it to the original stamped bowl...gives it more of a 3D affect.  I then stamped the bees... 2 of them from CHF and their honey do sheet and then one from some very old stamp set of insects. I added the green string, some strips of scrap paper...some white punched scrap paper and some white lace-on the lace I added some red Dimensional Pearls. Then I did a 4th bee, the big one, also from the Honey Do set, and I cut this guy out. I stamped a 7Gypsies ovalish tag on red cardstock and cut it out, then I used an Aladine stamp to put in the French jellly/jam stamp. The 3 honeycomb hearts are from the same bee set by CHF. Kind of a distressed but fun summer styling.
Thanks for visiting today.


1 comment:

Pattie said...

Very sweet! Thanks for playing along with us in the Tea Room this week!