Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday Chatter

The week is in full swing and rolling. Yesterday after work a friend asked if I wanted to go see a late afternoon showing of Twilight, and I decided to. The movie was good, not great, I think they could have made the whole story into 1 movie not 2, but I really enjoyed going out and doing something different. Tonight we have Batle of the Classes at school, which is a National Honor Society function I am running, and then tomorrow we are into a half day of classes and I am meeting Katie after that to do some shopping. That is if it is NOT snowing. They're saying we could a good dumping. (Will this be big storm #2 for the year- already?)
Ye Gads!
So since I said the "S" word... I will think warm and beautiful weather and show you a few more journal pages from last summer. Maybe that will keep the snow as rain instead so I can do a little weekend shopping on Wednesday.
Really like this page. I started with orange paper and then added a blue plaid strip. Then the photo and a strip of watercolor paper that was sprayed with a few watery colors of Tattered Angels. There's an orange brad, some orange clip thingy-ma-gingies, a saying from Stamper's Anonymous/Dylusions stamps (those saying sets are the BEST) and a die cut sand dollar that was mounted on more white paper and then trimmed.
So this page is very simple...I am such a simple gal. I left the water color paper white and added some various strips of 7Gyspies paper tape. I added the photo, 2 more die cut sand dollars and finally an anchor which I cut from some printed paper.
And this page is still on white water color paper with photo framed in a light grey paper-not that you can tell here. I wrote out the words in 2 shades of Copics and a black drawing pen. I doodled in the crabs- I love thes elittle guys- and colored them with Copics also. Finally, I die cut the arrow on some shiny green paper that matches the green Copic I used. It works for me as an interesting journal page and a way to include this kind of weird photo-but I will say I sat on the beach about an hour watching crabs sneak out, and as I soon as I moved to snap their photos, they scuttled quickly back into theese holes. I just had to include a photo.
And I am working on one of my fall goals....a book I loved when I read it (swallow hard) 25 years ago and have wanted to reread it...but I don't want to force myself to read it when I wasn't in the "mood" for it. But last night I started it, and the magic has hooked me already. I hope I will love this book as much now as I did...sometimes you love a book but when you reread it years later you are at such a different place in your life that it isn't the same, and that is a disappointment because you want it to be what you remember it as.
Great Expectations (Puffin Classics)
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: