Thursday, December 8, 2011

Snow?

Writing this Wednesday evening- a very rainy and DARK one too. They say by morning it will cool off (we've been in the 40-50's lately) and this rain will turn to snow. They say we might have a few inches in the morning. We shall see.
So a few more Holiday journal pages to show you...
This is actually a tag with a seperate photo below it and a photo on a journal page behind it. The tage is painted with Distress stains and then I stamped the leaves (Hero Arts) and the cute little Pilgrim is stamped on white paper (he is also Hero Arts), colored and cut out. The morning photo is just stamped with white pigment ink and some Hero Arts letters.

So after turkey dinner on Thanksgiving Dave and his 2 sisters, their hubbies and me, plus each of us and out black dogs all went out to Plum Island (MA) to go for a walk. Here's some of the gang. For this page I used red paper, 7Gypsies blue paper tape, some tag flowers (Hero Arts) which were stamped, colored and cut out, some scrap trim, some scrap die cut white border and a piece of a diecut circle...lots of scraps off my table. I added a genmstone star I found on the table scrap pile too and a scrap sticker.

Here's how my backyard looked on Thanksgiving morning...actually quite pretty. I Inked this page with Mango, Yellow and Aquamarine inks. Then I stamped the gobble gobble (Hero Arts) in Mango all over the paper-I love using watercolor paper. I added the photo...stamped the turkey (Hero Arts) on white paper but left it white and cut it out. I added more 7Gypsies paper tape, some Inkadinkado snow postmark stamps, a stamped phrase (Hero Arts) and some chipboard bingo dots.

Finally for today...this page. Water color paper and I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil to added the orange chevron. I added the photo (untouched and spectacular) after I stamped the triangular images like a banner across the top...not sure who made this as I got it in a set of stamps off eBay but it is a rubber stamp on a clear mount instead of wood and I used watercolor crayons to color them. I added a tab onto the photo and I wrote in the words, outlining the title words. Not hard, but complete.
So that is my post for now.
Have a happy day!

No comments: