Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Counting the Days

I am SOOOOO ready to go someplace. Yesterday was one of those days, when I drive to work, I could keep on driving. To someplace. The sun was coming up and it wasn't brutally cold and I just love a good roadtrip.  But it is only 11 days until we hit the skies and the road. Off on an adventure. I think I can handle that.
Here's some photos of my travel journal for the trip. I am trying a new format this time, using this mini 3 ring binder I found at Staples. Plus there's all kinds of pages you can buy for it. I have been setting up some of the book now, will put things into it when we're gone and I will finish it when we get home.
Above is my cover page. I found this cardboard book cover at my fav craft store and I punched the holes in it to fit the binder. The 2 empty holes are the ones it came with.  Then I stamped the cactus image (Animal Spirits) on white cardstock and colored it with Copics.
The little travel sticker is from October Afternoon.
The Arizona word is stamped with some Postmodern Design alphabet stamps. The February is an older Hero Arts stamp and the 2012 numbers  are from a 7Gypsies number set.
So one thing I put into this journal are some of these giant postcard tags I also found at my fav craft store. This is the backside. I stamped these fun little cacti (also Animal Spirits) and used colored pencils to color them and then I used the words from Stampers Anonymous.
On the left, another back of a postcard tag, this time stamped with a different Stampers Anonymous stamp and a couple of red Viva paintpen dots. On the left is a 7Gyspies book page. I stamped the southwestern design across the top (Animal Spirits) and added both the white trim and the circular word go.
So here's a thick cardboard bingo page I found at my fav craftstore which I repunched to fit the notebook. I added some 7Gypsies tape and an ancient metal travel plate which I had in my stash.
On the opposite page is stencile the image in red with a Crafter's Workshop template.

Here's one of those postcards on the front side. I stamped the parcel (Postmodern Stamp), the postmark and the return to sender. The star is a little diecut.
Here's another postcard. This time I used a cut out travel stamp and stamped a little postmark on and near it.

Another tag with some stamped lizards (Animal Spirits).
Here I diecut the Tim Holtz mobile (Sizzix) in grey and used some Viva silver rub on paint in metallic silver and some brown ink on it. I recut the car in blue to make the windows since on this trip there will be nothing (I hope) but blue sky. I added a clear travel tag (maybe Tattered Angels), a some pre-made trip paper that says Scenic Route and then I stamped another one of those cacti and added it.
The last sneak peek is a couple of 7Gyspies book pages, some pre-made star images and I stamped a little sayin on the top of the left page. Then I used this fun little Magenta lizard rubber stamp and had him crawling across the page.
I had a blast putting this together, and my little travel art suitcase is packed and ready to be put in my suitcases. When we get home I can show you the end result.
Thanks for visiting today.


No comments: