Monday, July 16, 2012

New Week

So I hoped everyone had a great weekend. I did. And now it is a new week  and this is a big week for me since Dave and I leave Wednesday for our trip to Glacier National Park in Montana and also Banff and Jasper National Parks in Alberta, Canada.
I am getting excited-there's been so much going on that it took me a bit to get to this point.
Still have a lot to do before we leave, but thought I'd show you a few photos of the travel journal (pre-trip) that I've put together.
I made this journal in a little 3 ring binder I picked up at Staples. This is my inside cover page-using some 7Gypsies  covers. I  made the tree using Tim Holtz's Sizzix pine tree die. I actually cut 2 of them and trimmed some of the branches off 1 and added them to the other to give the tree a bit more 3D layers. I used some tiny typewriter letters to stamp the title, and the July and Vacation were also stamped using some Versamark to give this watermark look. Then I added the 2012.
I covered the backside of the title page with this paper. And then I used some 7Gypsies journal pages (right side) and I stamped the planes (a new stamp I picked up from Impression Obsession) and the Wednesday word from Hero Arts/Studio Calico.
And I also used some 7Gyspies tags which I punched to fit the notebook. I also wanted a bit of design, but lots of space to record my journey. This page is stamped with some October Afternoon images and words and also some Technique Tuesday words. I can color or fill in as I want when we are away.
You can see some more tags on the right. The top one was stamped with an Inkadinkado tree and a post mark from old set (maybe Fontworks). The bottom was stamped with a Technique Tuesday word (colored with Tim Holtz markers and then I used a wet brush to give it a little bit of a watercolor look.)
And on the left page, which is covered with some paper and then I added the Canadian Flag from a Quickutz/Life Style Crafts set. 
What I love about the 3 ring binder format is that I can move pages around once I am away, when I know better what I need for each page. If I need a bigger page or more blank page...etc.
Anyhow, got to do a few things today-Mr. Puppy-dog is getting groomed, I want to pack a few items, laundry, try to squeeze in some studio time. 
That's my plan.
What's your for today?




No comments: