Friday, January 20, 2017

Ice Cream and Fancy Dresses

Happy Friday everyone. :)
Today is the last teaching day of this semester at school, and other than exams at the beginning of the week, I am done with this group of kids. I love them all but it is time to move on!
And it is almost the weekend, again. This month is flying by. We might go do something fun this weekend, but no final decisions as to what. If we go on some sort of a little day out adventure, I will surely let you know.
So today I have another page for Art Journal Journey. The theme this month is "Every Journal Page Tells a Story."  If you haven't joined in yet, there's still lots of time to participate. Check out the Art Journal Journey page for the details.
So my Friday page is inspired from the quote that I stamped a few times on the page. It says
I hope we are never too old
for ice cream
and fancy dresses
That quote inspired me to tell the story of these 2 little girls who seem to love glitter. I found them in an old FLOW magazine that I use to cut images from.
And since the quote mentioned ice cream I had to make some little cones for my page. They photographed much better than they look on the page. I colored the cone with markers and then used molding paste and paint to make the ice cream. I also had a 12x12 piece of doily cut paper (if that's what you call it), and I chopped away at it until I got the middle which is this really nice design.
I think these little girls go by the nicknames Curly and Sue. You can figure out who is who I am sure.
Sue is shier than curly, and I think Curly wants to be an actress some day. But I don't know about Sue.
The theme over at Moo Mania is love, and I am squeezing in this entry before the challenge closes.
Hope everyone has a great weekend ahead!

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a lovely page! Reminds me of my daughter when she was small, everything had to be pink and glittery - and who doesn't like ice cream? Fantastic work! Have fun with the new group in the net semester, time flies by so quickly. Well done on getting so many art pages done s well as working and looking after your family. Hugs, Valerie

Sadie´sGedankenfülle said...

Really cool, dear Erika
It is NEVER TO LATE FOR ICE AND COLLEGE COSTUMES
Nice weekend for you.
Greetings from Austria, it`s sooooo cold ;-)but the winter landscape is gorgeous!
Sadie

froebelsternchen said...

I love the quote and your lovely page to it! Congrats on having mastered the first semester!
Enjoy your weekend with whatever you up to!
Don't forget to take photos!
Happy start of the weekend dear Erika and thank you for another fun page to your great theme at AJJ and thank you for playing at Moo Mania & More this time again !
Much appreciated!
oxo Susi

Gibby Frogett said...

ahhh what a lovely page Erika - this made me smile.
yes, you can never be too old for fancy dresses or ice-cream - especially ice-cream :)
Hope whatever you do this weekend its fun.
Gill x

Little Artbee said...

Oh yes, fancy dresses and icecream forever! Your page looks very nice and the icecream looks yummy and the two girls are very sweet.
Dear greetings
Sabine

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are getting a LOT of mileage out of that old FLOW magazine. I'll have to get mine out, but it was mostly interviews and little else. I really like your page and I think all little girls like ice cream and fancy dresses. I know THIS big girl likes ice cream and loose fitting dresses (grin).

As for your guess, YES, it was for a Virginia Slims ad from 1977. I added my own text, though. You have a good memory, because I had never seen it before (or the cigarette for that matter).

And I suggest if you use the National Geographic mags to make backgrounds, use CitroSolv or Turpinoid, not turpentine like I did. It's scary and I should have worn a respirator, but didn't.

Anonymous said...

great page

Meggymay said...

New beginnings for you with another group of students. I remember well what it was like when a new school year began.
I love your journal page, my first choice would be the ice cream, much more to my taste than dressing up.
Have a good weekend.
Yvonne xx

Faye said...

This is perfectly delightful. Love the girls Curly and Sue so much. As for closet cleaning and tossing stuff, this has not been a smooth ride here either. Lots of stops and starts, but I think I've finished what is my large walk in cedar closet. It is somewhat of a storage place for things I don't want to live in the attic. Too bad we can't visit and help each other out with stuff like this, isn't it?

Giggles said...

Gorgeous page..love how the ice-cream turned out. I was trying to figure it out before I read your process!! Little Sue reminds me of my mother as a child..and that was her name!! Well done!!

Hugs Giggles

Sandy said...

Lovely page Erika -- I wish I could keep up --- Yummy looking ice cream. I do love Banana Splits and Hot fudge sundaes!
You do live in a beautiful state!
Sandy xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Staying young at heart, there'll always be a place for the frills and extras :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous page and I do love the quote! Those girlies are so cute! Chrisx

Jeanie said...

I just love the colors on this page. Everything works. The quote, the girls, the energy. Very nice!