Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Good Bye July

Hi everyone. Can you believe it is already August 1? Around here we say nothing goes faster than July but August. Not sure if that is a local saying or not. And it's true. August flies.
Thought I would share some of my favorite July  quick warm ups from my calendar journal. 









And I am going to link this post to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's new theme for August for Art Journal Journey. The theme is count your blessings. There's a whole month of blessing here.
I'm still in slow hang out mode. Enjoying the fruits of my garden.
 I made some pickles the other day.

And chocolate zucchini bread yesterday.
This was a recipe from my Mom.
I'm enjoying this slow mode. Gardening, reading, a little art. Still in studio cleaning mode-maybe I will get it done before school starts later this month.
August. Wow. Bring it on.
Thanks for visiting.

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like a good way to live, slow mode is better than not enough time. The journal pages are all wonderful, you have been busy. Still too hot to move here. Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

I loved looking at your calendar pages.The dog at the bow of the boat made me smile. Good way to start the hump day. I'm waiting for Himself's cucumbers to start growing so I can make some freezer pickles. Pretty pan you used for the zucchini bread/cake. Enjoy your day

Barbara said...

Oh, how wonderful! A family keepsake for sure. I think a chocolate zucchini cake sound fabulous. I’m off to jot down that recipe!

Let's Art Journal said...

I enjoyed your journal pages, they are so happy and filled of fun memories! That zucchini bread looks amazing, thanks for sharing the recipe 😁. Thanks for the smiles too and Happy August! J 😊 x

Divers and Sundry said...

Being laid back is a peaceful way to live :) That chocolate zucchini bread looks delicious!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are truly blessed, Erika. I think each of your pages shows how many blessings have come into your life, from owning a boat you and your husband can take on the lake, to your wonderful trips anywhere you choose. Freedom to choose. This is a fabulous first entry for my theme at Art Journal Journey this month. Thank you.

froebelsternchen said...

I adore your fabulous pages! So lovely made and I am in awe of Maddie as commander!
I eat zucchinis since two weeks- have my own and got so much from other gardeners as well. My hubby calls me Susi Zucchini meanwhile! I will bake your mother's zucchini chocolate bread tomorrow.
Sounds super!
Thanks so much for this amazing pages for Elizabeth's theme! Enjoy your summer and lazy days!
Liyongo is well!
Hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

Your calendar journal pages are all wonderful, full of great illustrations as well.
The chocolate zucchini bread looks delicious.
Yvonne xx

Jeannette said...

oh my,your lovely pages with the great illustrations tell your wonderful days and all the memories is beautiful.
love the recipe of the zucchini choclate bread,sounds yummy,thanks for sharing this recipe,i will tommorrow making this yummy bread.
wishing you a nice summery day,dear erika.

hugs jenny

craftytrog said...

Great to see your daily pages Erika! We loved Mama Mia II, hope you did too!
Happy August!
Alison xxx

Jeanie said...

I like your journal -- it's fun and a good record. And LOVE your bread pan!

Misty said...

It looks like you have a LOT of fun in the summer!!!
I'm going to try your mom's chocolate zucchini recipe! :D