Thursday, August 16, 2018

I Get a Day Home

Hi everyone. Another week is flying right by, don't you think? As it always happens at the end of my vacation, I have a bunch of appointments and things I need to do.  So today is my first day without something on my must go out for list all week. Hurrah! Even though I have had some fun days out recently,  for me when I go out a lot the week seems to go  faster than when I am home.  And I am in slow down time mode right now trying to enjoy what's left of my summer break.
And to make today day even better, we should have sun! Hurrah again.
Thought I would share a few views from my latest travel journal from when I went to Newfoundland back in July.
And  a few more photos too.

Here's a couple of pages that aren't the same size so they might look a little weird here. On the left is a tag I made with some assorted bits and pieces fro my stash.  The right hand page is not white on the bottom as the paper is a bit shorter than the one behind it. This right hand page is my sketch of the fjord we took the boat trip on. The boat is the the white  object just below the ticket. If you want to see those photos you can hope over to this post: Gros Morne part 1.
And I punched and added in a tourist brochure (left, below) as well as making this moose tag.  The tag is a piece of "wood"paper which is actually a really thin wood veneer.
And a moose collage page.
We saw 2 moose when we were there, but I only got photos of this one.

And here's another fjord-this time a real fjord where the mountains go right into the sea.



Beautiful views, seeing wild animals and making art about it all are certainly blessings. So I am linking up to Art Journal Journey hosted this month by one handsome cat named Bleubeard and one lovely lady named Elizabeth. They're asking us to count our blessings.
That's all for me today. Thanks for visiting.


11 comments:

Caty said...

How beautiful of travel journal Erika! It's awesome, wonderful, and that moose is gorgeous !!
Thank you very much for sharing your lovely travel journal with us, all the photographs are amazing, it may have been a special trip.
I wish you a very nice afternoon, big hugss, Caty

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful travel journal. Fun to go back and relive the trip. Love your sketch of the fjord. Awesome scenery. Enjoy today. Looks like a good day to remember for when the snow flies.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal pages, it was a great trip. Enjoy your day, have fun in the sun! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These real life travels are wonderful. I'm an armchair traveler this year, so I appreciate these gorgeous pages in your travel journal. I really LOVE the moose and the flash card on the back. I am also CRAZY about your fjord painting. It is amazing. So many wonderful memories, so little time. Thanks for sharing these wonderful journal pages with us using my theme at Art Journal Journey. Of course, the photos you took are out of this world, too!

Divers and Sundry said...

Memories will flood back every time you look at this travel journal! I love the fjord photos. Gorgeous scenery.

Let's Art Journal said...

Your adventure to Newfoundland is so cool! I love your new travel journal pages and how they capture such happy memories 😁. The photos like awesome, it is such a beautiful place! Happy Thursday and enjoy the rest of your week! J 😊 x

Meggymay said...

Your travel journal pages look full of interesting things. It will be good to revisit them in the future as you have stored so many memories in them.
I loved the photos as well.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

Lovely photos and great pages in your travel journal Erika!
We have the sun back today too :-)
Happy Friday!
Alison xxx

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful memories and interesting little details on those pages
. It will be a pleasure to look through the pages after a few years, I am sure!
Amazing photos again! Thank you for sharing the pages at AJJ and thank you for all the interesting photos from Newfounland so far! I really appreciate this - learn so much from your travels!
Happy start of your last weekend my freind - ENJOY!!!!

Big hugs, Susi
( so stressed this week with great events - today I slept until nearly noon - so tired from all that---lol)

Jeanie said...

I really see a lot of you and your energy and your sheer enjoyment of the trip in these pages Erika. These journals of yours are marvelous keepsakes.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is a fabulous travel journal! Great photo of the moose especially! Chrisx