Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Let's Get Messy

Howdy! Wednesday has arrived and they say we might even have some sun in my little part of the planet. That would be good since we've had more dark and wet days than is usual for this time of year. It's starting to get to me.
I think this weather inspired me to make this clean up page. This page began with me using up a bit of left over blue paint, some stenciling from a stencil that I needed to put away, and then me stamping the eye several times. And all my additions were left over bits from my work table. Finally I stamped the quote on a scrap of graph paper and added that to the page.
This month's theme at Art Journal Journey
is vintage or modern. I am definitely going modern today.
Thanks to all of you who have joined in so far this month. I really appreciate your support.

And I am going to also link my page up to Art Every Day Month.
Thanks for visiting.

14 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

I am in awe of what you did here with the left over paint! Gorgeous!!! And all the fabulous additions!Depth and abstract feel!

Hope you get sun my friend!
We have grey and cold again-
but it's o.k. for November now.


A fab MODERN entry and I am also in awe that you join AEDM as well so I get soo much fab art to see.

Big hugs Mrs. Hostess SUPERHEROINE !

Susi

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Let’s get messy, huh. That is probably going to be interpreted in a whole lot of different ways!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I wouldn't call this messy, I would call it abstract. It's a really fun entry for your theme at Art Journal Journey. I am really impressed with that eye. Repetition always speaks to me.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page, love the eyes watching me! It's still good weather here, hope you get some, too! Hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

a good sample of recycling stuff that is around... and it really looks like modern art! :)

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the eye peering through the blue gloom. Except today because the eyes noticed the brilliant sunshine. I hope the sun has reached you today. Have a good one.

Meggymay said...

You had the sort of creative day that I love Erika. This is a fantastic colourful page and it shows that you enjoyed yourself, its a great quote.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

Glad you have sun. We're in your cold/rain/wind mode. Snow predicted and I'm not ready!

Love the blue!

Jeannette said...

wonderful page you used,love the cats and the eyes,its very special,love it!
happy week,dear erika.


hugs jenny

Astrid Maclean said...

Always good to get messy as your page demonstrates... great to see what can be done with some leftovers on a worktable, - the quote fits the page just perfectly!

Hope you get some sunshine today!

Caty said...

Gorgeous Art journal page Erika !! Love those colours, and love the eyes and the music paper, great !
Here, the weather is a little bit cold during the night, and windy today too, so Autumn is arrived !
I wish you a very nice Friday, big hugs, Caty

Cath Wilson said...

Very modern, very messy and very brilliant :-)

Love it.

It's dark here, too :-(

Cath x

Mia said...

Really artistic page, Erika!!!!!!! Hugs, my friend.

Words and Pictures said...

Great mop up page - love the eyes, hovering in the background. If you make it as far as the Czech Republic any time, then do let me know!
Alison x