Thursday, November 29, 2018

Seeing Red

It is just about the end of November.  There's been some amazing art over at Art Journal Journey. I really appreciate all the support and I've enjoyed all the inspiration. But before I get carried away, the month is still not quite over yet.
So today I have a modern page. I tried making some resist hearts by squeezing out glue into heart shapes. Once dry, I used some liquid ink pad refills to color my background. I think the ink refills made the resist hearts stand out way more than using the ink pad directly to color the background. (As I showed you in this post the other day Weekend Wrap Up.)
I stamped some images in red to add a little interest, and I also stamped some dots  in black, as well as the quote. And the bird seemed to belong, so I added her.
I don't think I have a real modern style. But it was fun playing around and trying to go modern this past month. It got me thinking about using less variety on my page, which can be a challenge but is also fun to see what happens.
I am also linking up to AEDM for day 29! 
Have a great day, and I'll be back tomorrow with one last page for the month.


14 comments:

Marjut said...

Beautiful red page.
Have a nice day!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! I love the design and sentiment ๐Ÿ˜. I was hoping to do one last page for you fabulous theme but I'm not going to have time - my dad has had heart surgery. It's been a hectic week so far as I've been visiting him and also taking my mum to the hospital everyday, but he is doing much better now which is such a relief! You chose such a wonderful theme this month and you've been a wonderful host too, I've enjoyed joining in the fun, thanks so much! Big hugs J ๐Ÿ˜Š x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous and cheerful page, just right for this cold, grey weather. You've made some great art this month. Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

I love the red background, the space really draws me to the the hearts and that super quote. It is a fabulous modern page . Your theme made me think about trying different styles as well this month.
Yvonne xx

johanna said...

awesome!! ♥♥♥ you were a great host of the month!!

Cath Wilson said...

Your hearts turned out great, Erika. Reinkers are always way better than pads and give a lot more coverage. I like the bird - you're right - she belongs perfectly. Great quote, too.

Your Art Journal Journey month has been fantastic and you've done an amazing job of visiting everyone! Thank you for that :-)

Have a great Thursday!

Cath x

Haddock said...

Yes, vices in the head can be misleading at times.

CJ Kennedy said...

A bright and cheery page to go with the sun peeking out. Nice instead of all the snow. I like the red bird. Looks like a heart that took wing. Have a good day.

Jeanie said...

Pretty and a wonderful quote -- good words to live by!

froebelsternchen said...

Yes jow much different it looks here with the glue resist! The little details added much depth! Very clever. And what a wise quote! We should stop the thinker in our head more often for sure!

An eye-catching, striking page Erika!
Amazing how vibrant it looks!

Thank you for your lovely mail! I appreciate it so much!
You are simply a wonderful hostess, this month was terrific !
♥♥♥

Big hugs
Susi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have NO idea how long I looked for the bird. It was an image that just seemed to blend in to the background. I love the resist hearts and the subtle stamping.

You are amazing, Erika. I often see your art as quite modern. I even see abstract in some of it. You have created some lovely art this month, dear.

Astrid Maclean said...

Loved your glue resist the first time round, but with this page it really pops! The background with the ink refills looks super, specially with the little stamped bits of interest. The little bird is such a clever touch and I love the quote! You certainly have done your theme proud this month!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this page Erika! The quote gives good advice and I adore the little bird! Chrisxx

Caty said...

This is a GORGEOUS page Erika !! Love love it, just fabulous and amazing ! As your lovely theme for AJJ this month. The quote is so clever, we must listen for often to our heart... ayy. These hearts are so great, love the bird !
I wish you a very nice afternoon, big hugs, Caty