Saturday, November 3, 2018

Who Are You?

Hi everyone.
 I got the hubby hockey tickets for our college ice hockey team for his birthday, so today we are headed north 3 1/2 hours for a hockey game, some nostalgia and a night away.
I am looking forward to it.
But I want to link up a page for the Vintage or Modern challenge over at Art Journal Journey before we head out. Obvious today I am going modern all the way in my journal page.
I got inspired by some of Julie Fei-Fan Balzar's ( Balzar Designs) art one evening as I was reading some of her blog posts and it got me doodling/coloring in my own way.  Then I cut out the face and attached it to this Gelli printed sheet of printed paper. Sometimes you just need to put away the paints, stencils and other paraphernalia and to be like a  kid and color.
And I am also linking up to Day 3 of Art Every Day Month. (I don't have an  instagram and other such social media accounts so I may not be able to comment on your post if this is how you linked in.)
Hope you're having a great weekend and finding some art inspiration in your day.



14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun piece, so bright and cheerful. Enjoy your hockey match, have a fun time. Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Split personality or the mask we show to the world? Have fun this weekend. Stay dry!

johanna said...

a cool modern Piece! so colorful:)

Meggymay said...

I love your fantastic modern girl, she does look bright and happy and I wonder how she copes with her personality differences. It sounds like you had a lot of fun creating this page Erika.
Hope you enjoy the game.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

Your split personality says my split personality to a t!

It sounds like a good weekend -- enjoy!

Rike said...

This splitted face fits wonderfully to Vintage AND Modern technique, I like your doodling and I by myself like it too to color like a kid sometimes, it is so relaxing! You chose beautiful colors!
Hugs-Rike

Let's Art Journal said...

Your modern artwork is amazing! I love the colours and patterns that you used - beautiful 😀. Wishing your hubby a very happy birthday and have a lovely time at the hockey match, I hope you are having a few beers and pizza too - sounds the perfect celebration to me 😉. Happy weekend! J 😊 x

Divers and Sundry said...

I saw your post title, and now I have that song by The Who stuck in my head lol! I do love that modern face :)

froebelsternchen said...

I love your split personaltity! What a fun page and the background is great as well! Enjoy your college ice hockey team!
Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Hugs, Susi

Leah said...

Very cool piece!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Have FUN at the Ice Hockey game this weekend. Great b'day gift for your husband.

Talk about a FUN, FUN face. I love the split personality, but even more, I like that you used such wild and fun colors, and really turned this into a very modern abstract painting. Picasso would have been proud. And I'm proud that you shared it with us at Art Journal Journey, too.

Astrid Maclean said...

A fabulous face design, - for some reason I had to think of Picasso... You certainly can do both vintage and modern!!

Have fun at the Hockey game!!

craftytrog said...

Fantastic!!! xx

Caty said...

Wonderful face Erika !! I love the sweety side, it´s generous.... I I love the "different" side, it shows us that we are all magic and misterious at the same time... Clever drawing !!
I wish you a very nice day, big hugs, Caty