Tuesday, June 11, 2019

A Vintage Page

Hi everyone.  I am back today with a page out of my summer journal.  I wanted to make a journal that was artsy but also recorded my late spring and summer adventures.  I have been doing a lot of gardening lately so I made this page to celebrate the joys of gardening. The open me tag has some notes on the backside. And I gave the page a vintage feel since I think gardening is one of those activities that people have been doing and loving for centuries.
My page is burlap so I began by taking a piece of a dress pattern (which is tissue paper) and attached it to the burlap.  I used some rusty embossing powder to give it a bit of texture, as well as some washi tape bits. Then I added  lots of bits including TH ephemera, a found relative card and the vintage frame.  I also added these cool vintage metal butterflies from Finnebar as well as some of these cool cloth flowers which feel (to me) like they came off a vintage quilt.

And I am joining up to Astrid's challenge at A Vintage Journey. For the Junee challenge, this month she asks that you use tissue paper in your art, and my dress pattern background should work for that.

I also want to answer a question that was asked in my T Day post yesterday. Some of you inquired about drinking alcohol on boat. I don't know all the different state rules, but in this area boating is considered a recreational activity and it is legal to drink. However it is illegal to operate if you are over that state's legal limit or are impaired in any way. Somewhat similar to driving a car, but an open container is illegal in a car but not in a boat. Hope that answers the question.

Happy mid-week everyone. 
And thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, burlap always gives such a great texture. Love all the additions showing what you have been up to. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is absolutely incredible. I love the vintage look and feel to this entry.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is beautiful. I always like the look of burlap, and it makes a lovely background for this. Great vintage images. I like the brown tones. Enjoy today, because it looks like rain is on the way again for tonight and tomorrow for us in the Northeast.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, this is a lovely page and feels very vintage-beautiful!

Jeanie said...

This is really beautiful, Erika. I love the textures and how it has that vintage feel. But most of all, I really like hearing your concept behind it, how gardening has been around for so long, the whole thought behind it. Very nice indeed!

Jeannette said...

fantastic page,love all little details and the colors of brown is vintage true,loving this a lot.
wishing you a nice rest of the week.


hugs jenny

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous vintage page Erika, love all the elements you have added, they make for great texture! And of course thanks so much for adding it to my challenge at AVJ!!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love this vintage gardening page. Those lacy flowers! That lady's hat!

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous page, I like all the additions you added. I also think your elegant Lady would have a gardener to tend her garden. Wishes and dreams for most of us.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

This is stunning dear Erika! All this wonderful little elements and brought so perfectly together! Terrific!

Birgit said...

Love this vintage look with the texture and the framed lady with all her flowers on her hat. I love the flowers you used especially that vivid blue one

Marjut said...

fantastic vintage page.

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! I love the vintage grungy feel 😀. Its a great way to remember your garden note too - prefect! I hope you've had a lovely week and wishing you a Happy Friday! Jo x

Redanne said...

Your page is beautiful Erika, the tissue over the burlap gives such a lovely texture and your collage elements are lovely! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at A Vintage Journey this month. Anne x

Let's Art Journal said...

Thanks so much for joining us at a Vintage journey! I love the detail that the tissue paper dressmaking pattern adds to the background - perfect 😁. Happy weekend! Jo x

toni said...

Super work Erika! love the way you have used tissue in the background. I also love all the vintage ephemera. Perfect with that beautiful photo. Thank you for joining our challenge over at A Vintage Journey. Toni x

Barbara said...

Fabulous work ! love the vintage feel! Your color choice is wonderful and design is amazing! thanks to add your project to our challenge on A vintage journey Blog! Barbara

Words and Pictures said...

I love the sepia base with those hits of rich jewel colour - there's a wonderful vintage vibe to this page. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison x