Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Another One for It's A Man's World

Hi everyone. I am back today with a second page for Try It On Tuesday's latest challenge. There's still another week to share your masculine art with us for the It's A Man's World challenge. 
My page today is for the guys who love to go fishing, or angling as it is called in some places.
Of course there are ladies who like to fish also, but sorry if you are one of them, today's page is for the men.
The design team hopes to see you over at our challenge at Try It On Tuesday.
I made my background with a Fred Mullet fish stamp and some blue spray ink. The man with his giant fish is one of my favorite stamps. My dad loved to fish, and he had this sign that said "All fishermen are liars, except you and me.  And sometimes I am not so sure about you." This stamp reminds me of that sign because some fishermen are known to exaggerate the sizes of their catches.
And I am also going to link my page to Halle's challenge at Art Journal Journey This month we're being asked to create pages with Words to Live By
Thanks for stopping by my blog!


13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, love the blue 'water' background. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Halle said...

Love all the different fish you added to the page. Perfect! I do enjoy fishing although its been a lot of years. I grew up fishing but hubby prefers indoor hobbies so I do often get the chance.
Thanks for another great addition to Words to love by!

craftytrog said...

A super page Erika! xx

Cath Wilson said...

Phew! I had to come back to your blog because it wasn't allowing me to comment :-(
Great page with great ideas behind it. My Dad was a fisherman when he was younger and I know people who fish as much as they possibly can, so very masculine, even if women like fishing, too :-) In fact, I used to fish with Dad and brothers when younger and had my own rod - can't imagine anything more boring now...I need to be reading if I'm not doing.
Lovely blues and fab words :-)
Cath x

Birgit said...

I love this page! The spattered blues goes great with the fish swimming all around. The man with the huge fish made me laugh. I am not a fishing person, I just like to eat them

froebelsternchen said...

AMAZING is this page , thank your for joining Art Journal Journey again with this super page, happy Tiot.Heatwave here and I am avoiding the pc.

Meggymay said...

A wonderful page Erika, the blues in the background look super and so do those fantastic fish stamps. It is a good quote and I also think fishermen anywhere in the world are inclined to say the fish they caught or the ones that got away looked much larger.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous page! The fishing theme is perfect and the stamp is such fun, catching a fish as big as me would make me smile, well as you know I'm not that tall I guess this fish may even be bigger than me ...lol 😉. A great addition to our It's a man's world challenge. Enjoy your week! Jo x

Jeanie said...

I love both the wonderful blues and texture in the background and great images! If my dad was still alive I would want to get this for him!

Rike said...

This is a wonderful blue for the water, an amazing background! I love your fishes, the jumping ones especially, and the fisherman with his BIG fish! The quote is perfect!
Wish you a happy day! Hugs-Rike

Neet said...

Love your background! And yes, that is a great stamp of the fisherman and what fabulous words you tell us about with memories of your dad.
Hugs, Neet xx

Little Artbee said...

Wow what a great fish image, all the nice fishes and it is perfect for the Men's world theme.
I love the design,Bravo!
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Great page, Erika. I'm sending our friend Deb a link to this page. Here hubby will get a kick out of it. Eileen xx