Tuesday, June 11, 2019

It's a Man's World

Happy Tuesday everyone. It is time for a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday.
Aren't you excited?  I am. Our newest challenge is
It's a Man's World.
Think of Father's Day or any guy inspired art.
I made a journal page. I was inspired by an upcoming adventure when I made this one.
I began by washing my page with some very watered down brown acrylic paint, Then I added some scraps of brain paper and a bit of burlap.  I did stain my brown paper with some brown ink and a bit of matte medium with some brown paint in it. Then I added this cowboy photo which came from a catalogue I received in the mail. I also added some copper tape . I stamped some Pony Express postmarks and a bit of a western trim stamp. Then I die cut the cowboy and the frame. After adding those I also added the stars and a couple of rusted embellishment. Lastly I stamped the word cowboy and used  black pen to put in some faux stitching.
I hope to see your masculine art over at Try It On Tuesday.
Thanks for visiting.

15 comments:

Rosie said...

A wonderful Western scene

Meggymay said...

This is an awesome cowboy page Erika. I wonder what your adventure will be.
I really like how you coloured and layered the background for the super cowboy on his horse image.
Yvonne xx

Valerie-Jael said...

You made a fun piece here, love all the textures. Have a fun time! Hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

You created such a wonderful page! I love the cowboy theme and the way you incorporated the magazine photo is amazing, so seamless with the rest of the design ๐Ÿ˜. It reminds me of our visits to Wyoming and New Mexico where cowboys rule ...lol ๐Ÿ˜‰. Now you have me wondering what your upcoming adventure is? Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a great week! Jo x

Jeanie said...

That is a fun one, Erika! I love the browns.

Jadiee said...

What a great blog you have°

Jadieegosh   Instagram

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Erika, love the picture which creates a wonderful background for your cowboy. Wonder where your adventure will take you.
Avril xx

Joan said...

Great page, love the cowboy and you have us wondering what your adventure will be.?

Joan

pearshapedcrafting said...

How fabulous! Love this scene and all the elements that make it! Hugs, Chrisx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Another lovely vintage art piece. Next week's theme at "Take a Word" is masculine, so if you make more art for TIOT, you can enter it for both. (I'm hoping to make at least one piece for TIOT.)

froebelsternchen said...

"M E N "T A S T I C Erika! I love it!

ScrappyHorses said...

I loooove this! You have inspired me to try something like this in the very near future! Wonderful!

Marjut said...

Fabulous page Erika, I like this!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wowzers, Erika! I'm a Texas girl and couldn't have done any better! Nailed it! xoxox

Rike said...

Fantastic! Even the sheriff star is here!
In my youth I liked to look western movies and read cowboy stories :)
Big Hugs -Rike