Friday, March 12, 2021

Friday Challenge Art


Hello everyone. Hope your week has gone well.  Mine flew by as most weeks seem to do.  Luckily this week we've had early spring weather and lots of snow melt.

Today I have  some challenge art to wrap up the workweek. First of all, I have another page for Sheila's single flower challenge at Art Journal Journey

Above is a 2 page spread from my spring inspired Secret Garden Journal. I showed you the cover of this project the other day. It's part of a watercolor book I recently made, 5x7 inches in size.  I originally stitched the spine to make the book, but as I worked in it the pages started to rip apart, so I added colorful tape to keep them together. 

While stitching the original spine, I added some fancy stitching on some pages, and that it what you see on the left hand side. 
Both of the stamped images on the right are stamped on acetate and then glued down. I tried stamping the big flower directly on the page, but since getting the book to lay flat is what broke its spine, I found working on acetate was a better route to go. I did stamp the little bunny silhouette, and also I used some white foiled paper trim, the metallic bow and also a few little gemstones.  All the quotes are TH except for the one with gold print which is a small piece of washi tape.

I also noticed over on Jo's Let's Art Journal blog that the latest challenge at Country View Challenge is silhouettes, so I am linking up my page since that little bunny fits the challenge.

I also have a tag for Pinky's  Wings challenge at Tag Tuesday today.


I started with the crocus printed paper in the middle. I covered the edges with 2 shades of purple paint. I did some inking and stamping in brown and black ink. I also used a gelli roll pen to add the bright yellow to the bees. I finished off the tag with some gemstones, a piece of vintage ric-rac trim, as well as the quote.

Wishing you all a great start to your weekend.
And as always, thanks for visiting.


 

16 comments:

sheila 77 said...

I've not seen stamping on acetate before, that is something to remember, it gives a whole new look to the page. That is an interesting flower stamp with numbers on its petals and I do like the girl stamp too.
Then there is the bunny, what page could not want a bunny.
Thanks very much for this different Single Flower for our AJJ challenge.

Angel charls said...

Wonderful post
really nice
i enjoyed this
For more information go to Paypal nl Bellen

Divers and Sundry said...

I especially like that inspiration quote and those bee images are great :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page and tag! Loving the happy colours and the little bunny caught my eye 😀. Such a fabulous reminder of spring too - perfect! Thanks so much for thinking to join us at Country View Challenges and wishing you a Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Elkes Lebensglück said...

What a wonderful idea your coover is extremely good with the seams and the colors ..
The second page has also become so pretty with the quote and matching the gems and pieces of vintage Ric-Rac ornamentation.
These are two fabulous impressive pages
Have a beautiful weekend, hug Elke

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, Erika. You are going to town this month on art. I can tell you love the idea of spring and the flower theme. The crocus are beautiful in the tag, but the bunny and the flower in the journal spread won my heart. I also like the collage effect you gave the flower and the page. These are both great entries, but you KNOW I have to thank you for joining Sheila's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear.

Jeanie said...

I really like that crocus paper. I admire your books so much!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your spread Erika - Love that colour combo! Your tag is beautiful too - love the sparkle from the gemstones! Glad the snow is clearing! Hugs, Chrisx

pinky said...

It's always such a pleasure to see your artwork Erika! Your art journal is so beautiful and what a brilliant quote! Hopefully we can all take heed to that when we get out and about again. Your tag is so gorgeous and yet another quote I could take on board!! Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday this time.

Gibby Frogett said...

Beautiful art and projects Erika - I love the imagery and colour on your single flower especially. Your tape repair on the book spine looks pretty cool - would have never known it wasn't intended.
Have you seen coptic stitched books? - doesn't have a spine as such, but is stitched across what would be the spine and then the book opens flat.
Hope you're having a lovely weekend Gill x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely artwork. I like seeing flowers at this point, as Spring tries to claw it's way into existence.

craftytrog said...

Two beautiful projects Erika!
Wishing you a happy new week.
Alison xx

Michele said...

gorgeous journal page! gorgeous tag! thanks for linking to tag tuesday! xo

Gillena Cox said...

Tag and words of inspiration, luv it

much💜love

Corrie Herriman said...

Great journal page ! Thank you so much for your contribution to our March 'Silhouette' challenge over at Country View Challenges. Corrie xx

nwilliams6 said...

Super pages with great backgrounds, colors, and words. The tag is beautiful too. Wow, you have been so creative this month - I am sure enjoying my tour of your blog! Hugz