Saturday, March 27, 2021

The Last Pages of a Journal

 Hi everyone. Happy weekend.

I had a lot of fun making my secret garden journal, and I thought I would share the last 2 pages from it today.  I am linking up to Art Journal Journey and this month's single flower challenge, hosted by the lovely Sheila. Both of my pages have a single flowers on them, and so today you get a double show.



One thing that ties these pages together is the white daisy like flower on them. I filled the centers of both with some tiny plastic beads. They also have some vintage photos of children. 


As you can see, both of these pages are  made on water colored. backgrounds. I added various elements to both pages, including the flowers. 

I like the water colored background on the second page better than the heart one. This second one reminds me more of tie dye, and I like darker spots for contrast.  I did get a bit of table cleaning on the top page as I used up some of the bits on my work table. Overall, I like how both of these pages came out.

Keeping my post short today. I have the last bit of living room painting to finish. For this part I need to work off a ladder. Since I needed to climb the ladder to do today's wall, I waited for the weekend because I want someone  around. Just in case.  The thoughts of doing it home alone, should an accident happen, are a bit scary.  I'm not looking forward to the ladder, but I am looking forward to saying my painting project is done. 

Enjoy your weekend.








15 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

LOVE both pages, perfect ... again!

Uh-oh, be careful on that ladder, OK?

Valerie-Jael said...

Both pages are gorgeous, Erika. Glad your decorating is nearing completion, and I can understand not wanting to climb the ladder when you are alone, a wise decision! Have a great weekend, take care, hugs, Valerie

sheila 77 said...

Yes, maybe the background on the second is best, but I really like them both. I do like the dark arty spots on the second. I see what you mean about having some backgrounds ready for use later.
Interesting to use vintage photos. I often wonder, when seeing these, if someone recognises the people. I like the little hen on the first and the stitching on the second and it's a good design idea to have the white flower on both.
Be careful on the ladder! How good it will be to get your painting done.
Thanks for another great entry for the theme, Erika, it's been a blast, and still is.

CJ Kennedy said...

Really beautiful pages. Besides secret garden, these would make great Mother's Day and Father's Day cards. I'm sure your living room will look beautiful when it's done. Have fun!

Annie said...

Terrific bright pink painted pages with white daisies! All the added details are so fun to search out. Each page has wonderful sayings and I love vintage photos where we can pretend we know those relatives in the photos. I love the stitching down the second page. I need to remember that idea for attaching a separate piece to a page in my book.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, Love both pages!! Happy weekend

Let's Art Journal said...

Both pages are fabulous! I'm loving both backgrounds and the images and wording work beautifully 😀. Wishing you a happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

kat said...

These are beautiful Erika , full of Spring poetry, they talk to me and make me feel good just looking at them. I love the words you added and the feeling they give me, reminding me of my grandparents and the happiness they brought to my life. Thank you 😊

craftytrog said...

Beautiful pages Erika! Happy Sunday 😊
Alison xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful art journal artwork. I forgot to mention: I saw a robin in my yard this past week, so that's my official harbinger that Spring is here. Yay! (Most of my daffodils flowered, too, due to the unusually warm weather we had.)

Jeanie said...

I'm not good on ladders but I admire that you can do it. Smart woman, doing it with someone around -- just in case. Which means all shall be well!

Love the pink pages -- so happy!

nwilliams6 said...

I know you will be glad to get that painting done! Both these pages are wonderful. Fun pictures and words, and your backgrounds are wonderful. The flowers do tie them together well. GREAT pages. Hugz

Divers and Sundry said...

Pretty pages! Yes, definitely smart to have a spotter for the ladder project.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely art pages, such nice colour.

Be careful on the ladder ...

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love the pink on both of these pages. Love the quote on the second page! Chrisxx