Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Use a Stencil or Two

 Hi everyone. 

It's already time for another challenge at Try It On Tuesday Thanks to all of you who joined us for our Say It With Flowers challenge.

For the next 2 weeks we ask you to use a stencil or two.


I think I should have called my page when old fashion vintage meets modern.  I stenciled the retro modern design using white soft molding paste. I didn't color it as I thought the white worked with my water colored and ink sprayed background. 

I added this vintage image of violets and this definitely vintage TH girl. The quote is from Alison Bomber and Paper Artsy.


The butterfly is a TH image, and I created its fly trail with some plastic gemstones.

As always, all kinds of projects are accepted at Try It On Tuesday, as long as you meet the challenge topic. Also check out all the inspiration from the other design team members. It's always fun to see the variety of design.

Thanks for visiting, and I look forward to seeing your stencil art also.



16 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous yummy texture on your art journal spread! LOVE those stencils, the colors and that sentiment!! Fantastic!! ((HUGS)) Helen

sheila 77 said...

The molding paste really makes the stencil stand out (I suppose that is the idea, haha!). That is a very interesting stencil and you could use little bits of it too.
I really like the soft merging background colours echoing the colours of the violets.
It's a beautiful soft Spring-like page.

Ella said...

Wow, Erika! Your stencil art is very pritty!
I love the flowers, the butterfly and the quote too!
Enjoy your day!
Hugs!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful piece, sorry I couldn't join in this time. Perhaps I can make something for next week. Can't do much just now, so this is a generic comment I'm sending to all teamies. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

Vintage meeting modern works so well here Erika! I adore these colours overlaid with the white. I see we have both used one of Alison's lovely quotes.The trail of gems is a brilliant finishing touch! Hugs, Chrisx

Blogoratti said...

What a lovely quote and a wonderful creation, well done!

Jeanie said...

The vintage and modern work well together here. I really love the color combination and it pulls together so well. Nicely done! Very springy.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! The sprays and inky background looks so soft with the pretty white stencilling and I love the quote and vintage doll - perfect 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a lovely week! Hugs, Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an incredible and different stencil. I really like the vintage image that you used to go with this amazing stencil.

Meggymay said...

A fabulous inspiration page Erika for the new TioT's theme. I love the way you have used your choice of images and stencils and the quote goes so well with the page you created.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page and a wonderful quote Erika! Xx

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful page Erika, love the soft spring shades with the crisp white stencilling. A lovely quote that goes so well with the girl and her flowers. Vintage and modern work well.
Avril xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Fabulous texture on your page using that amazing stencil.
Lorraine

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is really lovely Erika, beautiful choice of colour. You've teamed modern with vintage together so thoughtfully, I love when texture really pops off the the page. LOve everything about this page.
Hugs Tracey xx

lichazul said...

Very pretty very vintage, congrats👏👏👏💐 hugs from Chile 😊

nwilliams6 said...

Great stenciling, soft colors, doll, and words. So well done!!!!! Hugz