Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Midweek Art and A Walk

Hi everyone. 

Today  I have a journal page and a tag to share with you.

Back over the Thanksgiving weekend I bought a few Black Friday marked down craft supplies from Joggles.com . When they send you your order, it comes wrapped in some printed tissue paper. 

My order came in this fun and slightly retro looking house and car holiday tissue paper. My first thought when I pulled the wrapped supplies out of the box, before I even opened the tissue paper, was that there are lots of doors in the design. I used some of the tissue paper as the background on this page for Valerie's When One Door Opens Another One Closes challenge at Art Journal Journey

If it's slightly wrinkled that's because I am recycling it from my package.


I covered a piece of watercolor paper with the tissue. Then I added some colored baker's twine I had, and I used my sewing machine to stitch it down onto the page. 

One of the items I bought on sale was this fun clear stamp of truck/van with the tree on top by Studio Light. I stamped it on some already painted green paper (I wanted it to stand out against the busy background), and then I rough cut around it. Once I attached it to my page, I used the white Posca paint pen that was also in the package and added the snow effects around my stamped image. I had ordered a yellow Posca paint pen too, and I added in the headlights. I filled in the windows of the truck/van with the blue paint pen in the package. If you can't tell, I was very excited to see the paint pens on sale, so along with a couple of stamps, I  bought a few paint pens too. 

 I  used a black Sharpie and doodled in the driver.


I finished my page with a few TH holiday images from my stash.

It's sometimes hard to use a busy background and add images, but I think this page works. 

And the newest challenge at Tag Tuesday is Pinky's Anything Christmas. Here's a tag.


I die cut a tag from a blank time card and then stamped the pretty winter greenery image on it. After coloring I added this dapper man, a bit of trim and some silver metal paper bells. I colored the bells for a bit of contrast. Finally I stamped the believe word.

And our weather has been cold and then slightly warmer and then cold and then slightly warmer. It's been a weird weather month. This week the temperatures have been milder, and its been a good week for walking. I'm taking advantage of the weather when it's here.

One day, almost 2 weeks ago when my daughter was home, she and I went for a walk along the rail trail in the next town.


Someone was feeling festive and had decorated part of the trail.



The big lakes were not frozen yet.


But Back Bay was getting there.


We sat on a picnic table at the beach  ( on the big lake photo above) for a awhile and enjoyed the view. The sun was warm and the trees blocked the wind.

I hope no one was crazy enough to go swimming though as it was only  30 degrees F (about -1 degrees C) outside. Life guard or not.




There was one duck looking for his friends. He would not be quiet until they appeared from around a little bend in the lake. I think he was worried about them. I was happy when he found his friends, and they paddled off together.

A beaver had been by since last time I'd walked on this trail a month and half ago.


It was definitely good to squeeze in a walk (a few more this week too) before the snow comes.

That's all for me. Have a great middle of your week.




15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely post Erika, which made me happy from start to finish! Your craft supplies delivery came wrapped in fantastic tissue, and what a happy coincidence that it fitted my theme. I LOVE your journal page, and that truck is a fabulous new acquisition, too- Thanks for this great journal page and the wonderful tag for Pinkie's challenge. You have made my happy, thanks! And to top it all, your fabulous photos. I wouldn't want to go swimming in that icy lake! The duck sign is fun, too. All in all, go to the top of the class for this post! Hugs, Valerie
PS I bought some new goodies, too, will share next week!

Angie's Recipes said...

What an amazing view from the lake! Really love the fluffy clouds and clean blue sky...so beautiful!
Great use of those printed tissue paper..the page looks so festive!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

A wrinkled look due to recycling is good! I forget the numbers but it is staggering how much wrapping paper, bows, ribbons etc gets dumped every year. The trail you have walked looks lovely. Beavers are very active here too and even though I have seen it a thousand times it still amazes me the size of some of the trees they bring down. Lakes and rivers are far from frozen throughout the northeast. Day after day the temperature goes way above freezing. We have primulas blooming in front of the house - unheard of in December in Ontario. Enjoy the rest of the week, Erika. Big hugs. David

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What terrific looking tissue paper that your supplies came wrapped in Erika and perfect for your creative additions. last year when we walked through a local park, we noticed that folks had strung tinsel and decos on some of the small pine trees. We haven't walked there (yet) this year and hopefully the "tradition" was carried forward.

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page look like wrapping paper. I had never heard of Joggles so will have to go there and take a look. So fun to take a walk and come upon something unexpected like the woods decorated for Christmas. I didn't think we've had enough cold weather for ice just yet. I'm looking forward to the warm weather tomorrow. Enjoy your day!

R's Rue said...

This is all so lovely.

Divers and Sundry said...

What festive paper! I love what you did with it.

That lake looks like a wonderful setting for some time outside.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How incredibly lucky to receive that tissue as part of your order, Erika. I would have been excited, too, because it is perfect for Valerie's theme at AJJ. That's a great new stamp and a wonderful way to color it and the headlights, too.

Your tag is really, really awesome. I love it. You have access to such incredible items in which to create these wonderful challenges.

LOVED seeing your walk and enjoyed seeing that the trail had some festive decorations along the way, too. Maybe not as many as Sharon's, but still quite festive.

Neet said...

How lovely to be able to go for a walk in such a pleasant area with your daughter. Moments to treasure.
Live the taq, a good strong image of the gentleman and beautifully assembled with the other elements.
But it's your journal page I came to see really and I love it. What fabulous paper which no doubt inspired you to make this scene but what I loved most about it is that just looking at the picture I thought the truck belonged on the paper - ie not that it had been added. You have stamped it on seamlessly. A great impressive page.
Hugs Neet xx

Iris Flavia said...

So sad the Citroens aren´t green! Otherwise you could pinch someone and make a three wishes!
Love this page. Yes, it works wonderfully.
And oh, what a gentleman! The trail, oh. Sadly here it´s rainy all the time and I don´t wanna expose my cam to that. But will look if at uni the students decorated the tree again!
Great lake. And the signs... don´t people use their brains no more? Sweet duck story.
Poor tree that - to a happy rest of the week!

Meggymay said...

What a bonus to get with your new craft supplies, I love how you recycled the paper. for the AJJ page.f the world Erika.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

pinky said...

Oh I am loving that tissue paper Erika, great save and what you did to it is just amazing!! I love your tag also. Doesn't the word believe conjure up so much!! How nice to see decorations on your trail, very sweet. Thanks so much for taking time to share with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky

craftytrog said...

Wonderful art and photos Erika! That looks like a beautiful walk!
Hugs,
Alison

Jeanie said...

Your walk looks beautiful -- I love the ornaments. the weather has been wonderful for us. And that top page -- wow! I love those houses and red and white and green. SO happy!

nwilliams6 said...

Love your town page and the car with the tree - very happy and fun. All the pictures from you walk with your daughter are lovely too. So happy you got some quality time with her. Hugz