Monday, January 17, 2022

A Tag for Monday

Hi everyone. Happy new week.

 I have a bit of time before T tonight, and I thought I would share this tag for Wendy's Use Fabric On It challenge at  Tag Tuesday.


The yellow printed material on the bottom of the tag is some fabric. If you look carefully  on the right side you can see the selvage (or selvedge) of the fabric. 

I  recently bought this fabric when out shopping with my daughter a couple of weeks ago.  We stopped at this store called Mardens on our way home from Maine (as this store chain is only found in Maine). Their advertising line is  " I should have bought it, when I saw it, at Mardens."  It's a great jingle because they carry overstocks and  lots of things at really good prices, but there's no guarantee what they will have when you stop in. I hadn't been there in quite awhile, and I'd forgotten they have a huge fabric and notions department. I got a remnant yard of this yellow fabric for $2.29. I thought it would make some great crafting fabric, and sure enough, it does.

I also used a bit of book paper die cut border, some twine and some staples, a scrap of white metallic paper trim as well as some gold flower paper trim. I also added the gold metallic paper rooster, the stamped word and some little plastic sunflowers. Finally I used a paperclay moon face (from a shoebox of things I made one day with a friend about a year ago). I painted the moon yellow, used some brown ink to bring out the details, and also added ink to the eyes.

And there you have it.
I hope you have a wonderful start to your week, and thanks for visiting!





15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks for another lovely tag for Wendy's challenge. I have started the week with a tag, too. Love the fabric you bought, that was a bargain, well done! The lace looks very pretty on it, too. Have a good start in the week, hugs, Valerie

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Mardens sound like the kind of place my wife could enter only to emerge a week later! Hugs, David

Angie's Recipes said...

That's very pretty!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful 😍

DVArtist said...

Well I just love this!.

Divers and Sundry said...

Nice! I love the moon face, and the sunflowers make the perfect edge.

The Padre said...

Well Done With Those Eyes - Happy Monday - Think Snow

Cheers

Caty said...

I love this tag Erika! It is very original and beautiful. I really like that yellow colour of the fabric you bought, and it goes perfectly with the flowers and the moon. Nice rooster!
I hope everything goes well and I wish you a nice week
Big hugs, Caty

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic looking tag.

I hope your weather wasn't too bad this morning. (Although here it's not going to end until later tonight, so the same is probably true for you too. Ugh.)

NatureFootstep said...

lol. This Tag made my mind go all over the place. A sunny moon, and too early easter? COOL!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness! You can barely buy a fat quarter for that price! And you got an entire yard. Good for you. It sure made that tag fabulous. Great job, and lovely tag, dear.

WendyK said...

Gorgeous tag Erika, and a bargain piece of fabric. Thank you for another lovely entry for my theme on Tag Tuesday.
Hugs Wendy

Anne (cornucopia) said...

FYI: we got about 2" of snow where I am on Sunday night, then it changed to rain, which became freezing rain because all surfaces were hard frozen from the bitterly cold weekend. Soooo... then Monday morning was a skating rink everywhere around here. More trouble coming for the Thursday morning commute. Then a big question mark for Friday night into Saturday. I am counting the days until Spring. :-(

Birgit said...

A beautiful, fun and happy card with the strong yellow fabric, the rooster and the George Melies inspired sun. We got 2 feet of snow yesterday and it is lovely to look at but I love seeing the happy sun.

Lowcarb team member said...

This is a nice looking tag :)

All the best Jan