Monday, January 3, 2022

Some Art Before T

Happy new week everyone.

I thought I would share a little inspiration for the challenge this month at Art Journal Journey. The new theme for January is Let's Face It. All you need to do is use a face (or more than 1) on your journal page.

My page today is pretty basic and is about how the dogs make me smile and often laugh.  


I started my page with some blue paint and a stencil. Once that dried the page felt like a cold winter day. I think its the color of the blue as it reminded me a lot of the blue in a bright  winter sky. 

The lady is a Funky Fossil stamp. I have a summer set which is lots of fun to use, and  so when I saw they had a winter set, I thought it would be good to pick it up. I've had it for awhile and am finally using it on this page. What I really like is the set (just like the summer set) comes with 3 heads and 3  bodies so you can mix and match. The dog image is  from my stash and except for the shape of the tail,  reminds me of Maddie. The lady is stamped, colored and fussy cut, while the dog (Maddie) is stamped directly on the page.

I finished off the page with a piece of gold metallic paper trim, a stamped quote and some plastic snowflakes.

It would be just like Maddie to tell me I should take them or let them out. Pete would only ask if he really needed to relieve himself.   Maddie's leash is in a cabinet and she can't get to it otherwise she might remind me all day long. When she is bored and wants to be entertained, she comes up to me and starts glaring at me with her death stare, then if I don't respond, she makes some grumbling noises from her throat. These noises only get louder as time passes, and if the grumbling doesn't work, she finally gives me the full on bark.

What a dog. 


Hope you like my page. 

I also have a tag for you today. 


The latest challenge at Tag Tuesday is Time and Clocks, hosted by Michele.

I have some winter stamps out and saw the snowman and sun stamp and knew I just had to use it for this challenge. If you look carefully at the background, you can see the word block image with  the word spring.  I added the clock and the time quote, to finish it off.

Right now spring seems a long way off, but to use the quote from my tag, it is just a matter of time and it will be here. Somehow it still seems like a long way off. Smile.

Have a great start to the first full week of 2021.


14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun page you have made today, dogs really make us laugh with their antics, my Scruffy had so many fun tricks! but heads and bodies that can be changed, that sounds good. I have a few parts which I would gladly swap! And thanks for the wonderful tag with the poor snowman who's melting, great idea. Here it's very mild and windig and some buds are opening. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Cute page. Aren't the animals funny when they want attention. Stay warm!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fun art pieces. (I came back and added my art journal face art to the monthly challenge.)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Hello Erika:
Dogs are amazing animals. Sometimes I think they are more human than human, and they certainly know how to read our moods, and even to offer comfort. More of my human acquaintances should do as well. Hugs. David

craftytrog said...

I love your fun page and tag Erika! They're both great!
Hugs,
Alison

DVArtist said...

I really love this page. Have a nice day today.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like that background! And they look like they make a happy walking pair :)

NatureFootstep said...

I think your dog want to take you out for a walk. :)
I liek taht one!
Happy New Year. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your page and your tag :)

All the best Jan

WendyK said...

Great art Erika, love the dog and the tag is fabulous, thank you for sharing with us on tag Tuesday. Happy and Healthy New Year to you.
Hugs Wendy

Meggymay said...

Super art pieces Erika, I love the page and those sweet images, especially the dog with the leader.
Hope you had a good new Year with the family.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

Love the story of Maddie and her wanting to go out. I can just picture her sat there growling low to begin with and reaching a crescendo which turns to a bark.
A lovely winter page with a terrific figure, how useful is that stamp set!
Hugs, Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'm trying my old tablet to comment so fingers crossed this time! I love this page and the stamps look very tempting. I love your tag too. This post has definitely left me with a smile, hugs, Chrisx

pinky said...

I love your snowy tag, exact weather we had over the weekend but thankfully gone now! Only a matter of time lol. Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday!