Thursday, October 20, 2022

Haunted Houses

 Hi everyone. Happy Thursday to you.

Today for Rain's Art and Dinner Date post the theme is haunted houses. 

Here's a few Halloween art pieces I've made in the past that include haunted houses.


First a journal page.
And next a dimensional box with a haunted house in the background.


Here's  3 more journal pages from past Octobers that have a haunted house also.




And here's a new page I made recently. I am also going to link this new page to Elle's challenge at Art Journal Journey. In case you don't know by now, Elle's theme this month is Fairy Tales, Folktales and Fables: Tell Me a Story.


Here's my story for today. Jayne inherited this beautiful old home from her grandparents. She decided to make it a weekend home, but she hasn't been able to use it much as Jayne is a secret  agent spy. That sounds exciting, but Jayne has been working undercover in far away exotic places, trying to check the threat of Putin attacking those countries. When she does come home, it is always to her actual home, not this Victorian beauty.

Finally Jayne gets a vacation. It just happens to begin on Halloween. And when she arrives in the driveway of this beautiful old place, what does she see, but this zombie walking towards her car. 

Jayne is known to keep her wits about her. She has to be able to do that since she is a secret agent. In exasperation she says "Not another crazy person to deal with. I wanted a quiet relaxing week here."
But then she hears laughing, and she realizes the whole thing is a set up put on by her boyfriend who  is a practical joker. At least she thinks the zombie is her boyfriend. Haaa! Haaaa! This story is one of those that leaves you hanging because after all, suspense is part of Halloween.

I made my page on black cardstock using some die cuts, colored pencils, silver and gold mica sprays as well as some paints, markers and pens.

And today for Rain's food part of the dinner date,  I don't have any food to share. Not that I haven't eaten, but I've totally forgotten to take any photos. 😥

That's all for me. Have a great rest of your week, and thanks so much for visiting.












25 comments:

DVArtist said...

Ohhh this is a fabulous post! All the great art especially the dimensional box that is brilliant. I love the story too. Have a great day today.

Neet said...

A delightful story and a super page illustrating it. I love the golden mansion and the twisted evil looking tree. I only hope that the figure really is her boyfriend and not a real zombie.
The metallic mica sprays have really worked well and used their magic to create the spookiness around this story. A great blog post Erika.
Hugs, Neet xx

Angie's Recipes said...

That dimensional box with a haunted house looks super cool!

Iris Flavia said...

What a story! If Ingo came towards me as Mummy.... beware! LOL!
I love to get scared as long as I´m safe - great art, too again!! To scares, hugs!

Christine said...

Wonderful collection of haunted houses

Valerie-Jael said...

I love all of the spooky pieces, old and new- the Halloween box display is fantastic, and I love the tree in the last one. And you told a great story to go with it! Happy haunting! Hugs, Valerie

R's Rue said...

So good.

Birgit said...

A great set of eerie home oahes you created. I love the 3d ones and the colours you used. Funny, today I talk about new homes people buy but the homes are haunted or just plain scary.

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun journal pages. Janes house looks like the Bates Motel. Mrs. Bates, can Norman come out to play? 🎃 I hope your day has gotten better. Mine included a 2 hr. nap!

Divers and Sundry said...

You're in the Halloween spirit :)

Caty said...

Your Artworks are all FANTASTIC Erika ! Loooove them, the dimensional box is so terrific !! jaja.... Your story is fabulous, so good for Halloween, bravo !!
I wish you a very nice Friday, and send big hugss
Caty

NatureFootstep said...

lol, I like those spooky houses. Both, kind of, beautiful and fun. Just a little bit scary :)

Gillena Cox said...

Fabulous art. Enjoyed the story. Happy Thursday

Much❤love

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Tom said...

...Erika, you sure are into the Halloween spirit. Have a spooktacular time.

Sharon Fritchman said...

WOW, Erika! I love all of your spooky haunted houses in your works of art. Your old and new pieces are amazing!! Thank you for sharing them. (I love Halloween!) The story behind your newest piece fabulous and perfect for Halloween! And I want to thank you so much for stopping by my blog, too. Your comments are very much appreciated! Hugs, Sharon

Rain said...

I love your story Erika! Joke or not, I would not keep my wits if a zombie was walking towards me lol! ☺☺ I love your haunted houses, ESPECIALLY "31" that is a work of art! Love it! ♥

Fundy Blue said...

Great art, Erika! You've done a lot of haunted house pieces! Such a variety and well-executed. I usually had my students create a couple of dioramas or dimensional boxes during the school year. It was always exciting to see what they came up with. Funny story. You have to watch out for those practical jokers! Have a fun weekend!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have given us a plethora of great art to peruse. I really LOVE each of your haunted houses and that box is out of this world.

Your latest entry had me laughing because you can come up with the most impressive and unique stories. This was great and now I am left to imagine exactly what will happen. Thanks for sharing this at Art Journal Journey using Elle's great theme.

Jeanie said...

Your holiday story is just fantastic. I love each and every page and the story was great, too!

Elderberry-Rob said...

This is a fun post, lots of atmosphere :)

Michelle said...

These are all delightfully spooky!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I love all of these! (And I forgot to say I liked your Halloween decorations in my previous comment.) This is such a fun holiday!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Erika. I'm late and catching up as I have had an infected eye and blurry vision, but am slowly getting better...or maybe getting used to it now, lol. Anyway, I love all of your pages! Impossible to pick a fave. The assemblage box is fabulous and I hope is out on display right now decorating your house. Your recent page sports a twisted tree very similar to one I used on my card I posted today. Love those spooky trees. As you might know, our Astros are playing the Yankees in the Bronx tonight and the forecast is rain and maybe a rainout or delay. Looks like you will be getting it tonight so stay safe and Go Stros! heehee Hope your weekend's been nice, XOX

Empire of the Cat said...

Wow Erika so many haunted houses, fantastic! I love your story too, Jayne the secret agent, and that you left the ending open so we can decide. I also love the look of those mica sprays on the background! Thanks for joining me for the October theme at Art Journal Journey this month Elle/Empire of the Cat xx