Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Traditional Christmas

Hi everyone.  It is mid-November already. This month is flying by. And speaking of time flying, it is already  time for a new challenge at Try It on Tuesday

First of all let me thank Bonnie for being our guest host for our last challenge, and to everyone else who shared some Sparkle and Shine art with us.

I have a  journal page for  our latest Try It on Tuesday challenge. Our latest challenge is
Traditional Christmas.


I started with a piece of plaid paper that was glued down onto some watercolor paper. I then stenciled the image behind Santa with some silver paint and sprayed a bit of white paint along the top and bottom as I wanted to give my page a  bit of a snowy look. Living in a cold area at Christmastime, snow is required for a traditional Christmas.

I added a strip of red felt ribbon as well as a few TH holiday ephemera images. The vintage Santa is a little scary looking to me, No wonder why he always scared me as a kid, even if I did want him to bring me a present or 2. Smile. I also used 3 chipboard snowflakes that have been in my stash. First I painted them white and then I added a bit of white glitter glue to each, although that is hard to see in the photo. I also a few little confetti snowflakes just because the page didn't feel quite snowy enough.

Finally I die cut the Noel word . I used red polka dot paper and  rubbed a bit of red and also gold inks on it to give it more of a finished look.

And that is my page.

Our Traditional Christmas challenge runs for the next 2 weeks. At Try It on Tuesday we accept any type of art. And don't forget to see all the lovely pieces created by the Design Team also.

Christmas art is always fun to make, so I look forward to seeing all the traditional holiday pieces.

I am also linking up my journal page to Bleubeard's and Elizabeth's challenge at Art Journal Journey. This month the theme is Food or Collage Fodder.   You could also use both. Please remember at AJJ we only accept forms of art journaling, and not cards, tags or other types of art.

Thanks for visiting my blog. 






 

11 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

That's a very festive and beautiful holiday page!

Iris Flavia said...

Ho-ho-ho - I like it very much! Here "we" celebrate on eve of 24th.
Usually (back then when my Mum was still around) we met also on 25th for a huge goose-Christmas lunch. My Mum made the best goose. Tons of endless work, all the fat got out, the skin so crispy. My Brother tried that once. That was it, LOL.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a wonderfully festive traditional Christmas page! The plaid background is perfect and I'm loving good old Santa with the other TH Christmas ephemera 😊. Thanks for the inspiration and sending you happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

Jeanie said...

Definitely a traditional look -- I always love plaids at Christmas!

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page would make lovely giftwrap

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, very tradtional. Your Santa looks like he's been fattening himself up for Christmas! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

A fantastic traditional page Erika. I've had my catch up and read your recent sad news.
Sending love and hugs
Yvonne xx

Lowcarb team member said...

I like a traditional look.

All the best Jan

craftytrog said...

A beautiful festive page Erika!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This a lovely Christmas page Erika - I love the snowy look too, hugs, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I missed this post, Erika. I've been very sick and have mostly stayed in bed wuth the boys. I like your take on traditional Chirstmas and love the Santa and reindeer. Thanks for sharing this lovely piece with us at Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard's and my theme.