Friday, March 16, 2007

more snow expected































another art project by me! hibernation




These photos are backwards- but this is a book in a box-made it last month during our very cold snap. Its called hibernation, because that's how I felt with the bitter cold- and I hate being cooped up in the house so much. I used an old jewelry box to make the cover, and there's small book on watercolor paper inside. I didn't show all the pages, but you can get the idea.




So big storm coming in this afternoon and tonight and tomorrow morning. Up to 18 inches I've heard, but this morning channel 9 is saying 6-12 inches only. Only. Better than 18-especially since its March 16. However- this is not unusual- in NH spring is really just a word to mean we are knee deep in mud and the weather can be warm one day and bitter cold the next.
Off to UNH for some workshops today- UGH- this is the dreaded every 2 year day the whole seacoast goes for these usefless generic workshops. Would rather stay home- take a nap since I still had to get up to get Katie off to school- and do some scrap booking to finish my Zion National Park book that is just about finished. Also, once again doing some organizing upstairs in the studio. Trying to do another clean out like I did last spring so when summer comes I can sell some more stamps I don't use on EBAY and make room to buy more- its an addiction with me like the need to travel. Today I could stand to head out before I have to watch the snow- someplace south and warm like Florida I guess, or better yet, California- only I'm off to UNH and what I expect will be a useless day. I envy my kids from school-getting to be home.


No comments: