Monday, July 30, 2007

Another week to recap and some things I want to say



Almost August- scary. 4 weeks till I got back to school- and they will fly but its still a long time off. Want to make it full and rich and fun.


Me at the lake (though I know you can't tell its the Lake)










Recapping last week-

1- had an aweful eBay night last night- not that I had a lot listed- 5 items- sold 4- which I am happy about but I can be greedy and wish I had gotten a bit more cash
2-another rainy Monday today the 30th. Last Monday was rainy too and we did a movie day at home with our DVD
3-painted the downstairs bathroom box and decorated it-see the photo! (Though its not a very good one)
4-Last Tuesday did Boston, which I already told you about
5-Wed. hung out at the Lake my mother-in-laws in Wolfeboro and read Harry Potter
6- Thursday we did the dentist and then a spot of shopping and went to the Lake
7-Friday was work day-hot, humid, rather restless in the afternoon-its hard to do art when its hot and humid and your paper feels wilted
8-Saturday we hung around and went to Laconia to go to Lowe's and buy paint to finish painting the upstairs doors. Had a great meal at T Bones and found a kayak.
9-Sunday morning went back to buy the kayak but the folks were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RUDE that we left without it. Hung up at the lake again in the afternoon. Reading Emily Post's trip across the US in 1915. Interesting.
10 Read the Ghost Walk about the cholera outbreak in London in the late 1840's. The first part was really good but then he changed gears in the second half and went on about epidemics and the third world...kind of a high horse sermon.

This week is pretty open- may kayak Wed. morning with some firneds, but otherwise open. Today is again- raining and VERY humid. Want to go shopping- and need to drop off the va. cleaner as its got some kind of electrical power problem...keeps losing power... Think Katie and I need to do some fun trip this week at some point...want to finish my quilt too...

watching the old Harry Potter flicks on DVD- we're on 3, which I am really enjoying right now. Ordered a book on Marie Antoinette by the woman who wrote Ahab's Wife- that was a very good book and am hoping I enjoy this other book just as much.

So much for now. We're thinking about a few days away later in August- before school- Philly, Montreal- or way Down East. We'll see once we plan but at least we have some dates set aside.

No comments: