Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last Day of May

[BUGGY+TEA+PARTY+003.JPG]
Wow- May flew by, and now the long weekend is over and we're almost into June. Today I go back to work, tomorrow I take my honors kids to the Aquarium in Boston which should be FUN. So here's a card from the archives...another buggy picnic. The cup is from Stampendous, I believe, the butterflies are old and I don't know who made that stamp, the circles are from Stampington and the silverware from Crafty Secrets.
So time for one of my lists- I love making lists...just LOVE making lists. Today's list is my what I'd like to do this summer...I figure today's a great day to do it just as we get ready to slide into June and into the real start of summer.
MY SUMMER LIST-at least so far!
(underlined words are updated 8/3 and 8/24)
bold is what I did accomplish as I look back on September 21, right before fall begins
1-clean the studio closet and finish my organization there-mostly done,finished in Seeptember
2- go strawberry picking-does blueberry and reaspberry picking count instead
3- make strawberry rhubard pie
4-go down Maine and visit my Uncle Bob-wish I did-I want to go to down Maine
5-read a bunch of books-and maybe read one of those books I've been wondering what all the talk is about-yup, and still reading
6-go kayaking-out on Merrymeeting and it was fantastic
7- drive through Sandwich notch in NH and up scenic route 153 NH-maybe this fall
8-go visit the St. Gauden's National Historic site here in NH-hopefully this fall
9-go on a literary road trip to the Mark Twain house in CT or the Emily Dickenson house in MA-this sounds like a next summer trip
10-NOT buy a lot of art supplies but
11- make some jewelry and mosaics and art-some
12- try making my own sets of clear stamps-the ones I've already designed
13-get out walking-oh yeah!
14-enjoy some outside time-at the beach, in the yard, on a hike,boating...-lots of it!
15-enjoy some screen porch time reading and napping on hot afternoons-had a long perfect afternoon out there today
16-use my chinimea stove and sit out and watch the stars and the fireflies-summer isn't over yet-enjoyed an evening over Labor Day and hopefully more this fall
17-enjoy the lake and the boat-goes with 14-yup-and saw the eagle
18-go camping again with the girls-maybe next year
19-enjoy my NC trip and actually relax at the beach and not feel like I have to do 50 million things while there-oh yes!
20-maybe get some hours at the lake and make a bit of cash-just a few but better than none
21-sell some more things on eBay so I can actually get my stash smaller and make my piles disappear-sold several things and will continue for a few more weeks 
22-make art besides card making and scrap booking-goes with #11
23-go blueberry or raspberry picking-yup
24-grow lots of veggies in my garden-yup
25-have fun-bien sur!-yup
26-explore some new things and places that I don't know about today-the eagle sightings, NC, boating adventures,and more
27-have adventures of all sorts-yup
28-sleep in but also get up and enjoy some beautiful sunrises-not sure about sunrise but have enjoyed some early mornings
29-grill and chill with some new recipes or rediscover some old recipes I haven't made in a LONG time-hmmm... does Nana's rhubard-pineapple jam count
30-plan a winter vacation
31- finally watch all of season 2 of Trueblood and watch Season 3 too!-did it!
32-make relish from my garden veggies
33-practice my French some more-only a tiny tiny bit
34-watch some great sunsets-oh yeah, did that!
35-spend some good times with friends and family-that I have also done!
36- don't let the college kid make me too stressed out or feel too old-yup
37-make ice cream-the vanilla malted milk ball was the best
38-clean and organize under the cellar stair
39-knit- a bit
40-go to the Wiers Drive In and watch a movie
and...
let's see what else I can think of later and how many of these I'll accomplish! This is a BIG list, but the sumemr gives me lots of days to do these things.
Happy Day all
thanks for stopping by

No comments: