Sunday, June 17, 2012

Is it summer?

It has gotten chilly here in New Hampshire. Like 65 at the coast today. BRRR. Wonder if we will go out in the boat-which I know the hubby wants to do since it is father's day.  Yesterday I spent the afternoon working on weed patrol at the boat ramp (and yes I found a sample of milfoil-off to the state to be ID) and it was 59 degrees on my car thermometer at 7 pm when I got off my shift. BRRR.
If the sun would stay out it would be warmer-that's for certain.
Glad we went for our jet-ski Friday evening because it was a beautiful day Friday.
And to celebrate the last full 5 days of work for the season for me, we went to the local summer clam shack in Alton Bay and I splurged and had fried clams.
LOVE them!
So I am watching Jaws right now.
It is a classic flick. I really like it.
And tomorrow is my last day of work. Teacher day finale.
Yahoo!

So the only art I have done in the last 2 weeks is a few pages in the scrap-journal for the summer that I decided I was going to make. Haven't scrapped any photos of my summer for a very many years. Decided this was the year I needed to keep a journal of my summer.
And I made this title page that I really really like.
Not the greatest photo with the shadows but I used watercolor paper and a few different Crafter's Workshop stencils along with several different Dylusions spray inks.
Then I die cut the flowers on this distressed pink paper and doodled in the centers with markers.
Finally I die cut the butterfly (just love this butterfly) from green paper which I then sprayed a bit. I made the angel wings background for the butterfly from black paper which I covered with hot pink Stickles. When that dried I attached the background to the butterfly and added some pink dots.
Here's a close up.
And another.

Until my next post.
Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: